Mouthpiece Express.com Problem

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by etranger, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    Wow, I've done a lot of business with Mouthpiece Express over the last year... I think I'll stop after hearing your story MD. Nothing worse than a business that doesn't care about it's customers.

2. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    I worked in retail middle management for 15 years. Great customer service is pretty easy. However, you have to be willing to bite your tongue and give the customer whatever they want, no matter how unreasonable their request may sound. Something is definitely wrong here. Either there is a missing piece to this story or MPE needs to flush out their customer service department.

3. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Just wondering if you've been able to resolve your issues with Mouthpiece Express.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    If I read this thread right, only one person has posted with a problem. This person lives in Europe. Everybody else has had no problems.

Before speculating on changing the customer service policy, we need to know more. I also live in Europe and when having product shipped to my address in Germany, have had issues with all of the US based companies that I deal with - including Monette (I have always received my merchandise though). Having product shipped to my family in the states has NEVER been an issue.

I have to admit never having had an issue when I call the company. E'mail responses depend on the tone ove the questions. I am pretty sure if a mail is laid on pretty thick, it will be ignored.

Fedex, UPS, DHL all make it in my opinion, pretty easy for the shipper. They handle customs on this end, and although they may be a bit more expensive, you don't have to mess with anything. The US postal system for international sales is a ROYAL PAIN IN - THAT PLACE WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE. You have to give your life story, customs demands invoices in foreign languages and has even been known to question the plausibility of the sale. I had an argument with a customs official recently about the cost of a Monette mouthpiece. They wouldn't accept the invoice price and wanted "proof" that they are that expensive(like people volunteer to spend more on customs than they have to.......), wouldn't go on the internet. I had to call the boss at the customs office to end the stupidity.

For you IT people, I had a big argument when ordering network equipment. They wouldn't believe that Token Ring wasn't jewelry...........

5. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    I believe 2 people posted with problems - the original poster, who is from Europe, and myself (see reply #6).

My situation was resolved, but only after much effort on my part. The original poster has not told us if his problem was resolved.

Rowuk is probably right, that the OP's shipment was probably held up. But that's not the issue. The problem is that MPE gave him the silent treatment instead of offering reassurances or remedies. This is the issue.

6. seilogramp

seilogramp Piano User

Nov 23, 2009
    Georgia, USA
    Which makes no sense. If everything is as the OP stated, then MPE should be overnighting another mouthpiece to him and following-up with a phone call.

7. nordlandstrompet

nordlandstrompet Forte User

Apr 5, 2008
    Norway
    I've had a couple of bad experiences with goods sent from abroad.

#1 was mouthpieces sent from England december 22. (the supplier told me).
    The parcel came on february 4.......
    It was stamped: december 22. The supplier did as promised. The mail turtles
    had the pieces in their custody for appr 6 weeks.

#2 is mouthpieces from another supplier in England. Sent february 2.
    Still not here. No one knows where they are.

In both instances the supplier did as agreed/promised. The mail is the snail.....
    None of these parcels were trackable.

When I send goods to England through the mail system: 3-5 days

Using UPS from England: 2-4 days, delivered on my door, never any problem.

From now I am only using trackable shipments, even if they cost a bit more.

8. lmf

lmf Forte User

May 16, 2007
    Indiana USA
    Rowuk,

You said in regards to the postal issue in Europe:

"For you IT people, I had a big argument when ordering network equipment. They wouldn't believe that Token Ring wasn't jewelry..........."

My wife (retired IT person) is still laughing at that!

Good response to the OP's problem and subsequent responses. And thanks for giving my wife a good laugh. ROFL

Best wishes,

Lloyd

9. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    What guides do you need?

10. Patrick9654

Patrick9654 New Friend

Mar 14, 2008
    I have also ordered a few things from MPE. So far I never had a problem, but now I am concerend that if there was a problem would they even care. I guess the fact that I live in the States makes shipping a bit easier, but still I am wondering what would happen if a problem ever did arise. I guess before i order anything else from them I would have to do a lot of thinking.