mouthpiece position

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by songbook, Nov 26, 2011.

1. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY

I can't believe you're telling me to do this if I want to build range and endurance without knowing anything about me or my students. You do appear very cocky saying that ALL my students range problems will disappear. Well they don't have any issues with range or endurance. Taking your finger and moving your lip with it ,is an embouchure change not a minor adjustment. Besides I have never seen or heard of any player playing on their teeth. If they did this no sound would come out.

2. Jerry Freedman

Jerry Freedman Piano User

Mar 4, 2005
    Find a good Teacher.

3. Local 357

Local 357 Banned

Jul 1, 2011
    Good god what ax are you trying to grind here Al??? Why do you feel so threatened? Well I could probably answer that myself but it is better if you figure it for yourself and spare the forum the hissy fit.

I've merely stated some matters here that are factual. Provable in every single case of a trumpet player who can not blow past a High C. Assuming he already has this note with some solidity to begin with that is.

So you can either apply the information I gave and watch your students excel. Or ignore them and watch them stumble in the dark for the rest of their playing careers. Take your pick but do not blame me for trying to help.

4. Al Innella

Al Innella Forte User

Aug 9, 2007
    Levittown , NY
    I don't feel threatened at all. What bothers me is when someone makes a blanket statement that every player with range trouble has this problem is a fact does bother me .When almost every time it's a breathing problem,not an embouchure problem and to then say it's a fact in every case is absurd. To insinuate that my students are going to stumble if they don't follow you is insulting.

What bothers me the most is that some young player is going to try this on his own and fail. I don't know of any reputable teacher that advocates pushing your lip down with your finger to increase sound, range and endurance. You may be trying to help but your information is questionable.