Mouthpiece Question - Effect of a Trombone mouthpiece on a trumpet?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by cody18815, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Since it is possible to play the trombone with a trumpet mouthpiece, you can finally use that trombone-mouthpiece-on-a-cornet-shaft-with-an-adapter … back to the bone ! ROFL

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  2. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    I cannot imagine this modified trombone mouthpiece being a good thing. I also can't imagine why your son would be picking up the baritone unless he is going to switch to baritone, or really likes the baritone--different strokes for different folks. I also can't imagine that your son's tutor is on board with this mouthpiece thing. If he is--I think it's time for a new tutor.

You might also take a look at this: New Page 1

3. Bixel

Bixel Pianissimo User

Jan 1, 2010
    Germany
    Watch the lip's size of this gentlemen!
    Then watch those three mouthpieces!

The gentlemen used to play the very left mouthpiece whereas the right mouthpiece is said to be a Schilke 13A4a (inner diameter like a Bach 5) and in the middle is said to be a Schilke 6A4a.

Don't buy that silly idea that lip size determines the mouthpiece size!
    It's just a matter of what kind of embouchure you choose to play with.

:play:

4. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Just for any who don't know, a trombone mpc is the same for as used for baritone or euphonium in U.S. Could a custom mpc with trombone rim be made with a trumpet shank, I see no reason it couldn't be, and all I believe would occur is a darker sound quality, but for years I've been a switcher among all the brass with their respective mpcs and don't have a problem IMO.