Mozart The Marriage of Figaro

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by AKart, Sep 11, 2006.

1. AKart

AKart Pianissimo User

Jun 24, 2005
    Russia, Moscow
    Dear colleagues,

can you exactly tell me all tunes used in trumpet part of this opera?
    I know that C and D but I'm not sure if it has Es tune.

Thanks

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear AKart,

Yes, you are correct. You need to transpose to C, D, and Eb for this opera. The Eb comes in at the finale to Act II.

Enjoy it; it's a beautiful opera. Are they doing it in Italian or Russian?

ML

3. AKart

AKart Pianissimo User

Jun 24, 2005
    Russia, Moscow
    Thank you!

Thank you a lot!

I'm working at the Opera theatre of the Moscow conservatory and have played this opera for a few times. And now I'm invited to the Novosibirsk opera theatre to play it on the natural trumpet and it's nesessary to know what tubes need I take with :)
    About language: on my job we played so: all dialogues were in Russian in order to people could understand what the actors were speaking about and all arias were in Italian. Now I dont't quite know.

Alexander

4. laurie

laurie Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2005
    Australia
    Gday
    This is completely off topic, but..................Here we have a trumpeter from Russia putting a question out to the world via the internet, and being answered almost immediately by a fellow trumpeter on the other side of the world in the USA! I cant help but comment on how remarkable this really is. I know that this happens thousands of times a day and we can become blase, but, as Louis said (or sang) It truly is a wonderful world!!!

Laurie

5. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    G'day, Laurie,

Yeah, I totally agree with you. I never take for granted the connections made through this amazing medium.

ML