MP on Eclipse Trpt?

Discussion in 'Horns' started by Anonymous, Dec 3, 2003.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Forte User

Oct 21, 2003
    Hey I just put up a new custom Eclipse Picture on the opening page. I lke Paul's horn but I wanted to switch it up a bit :)

Anyway what is that MP on the Horn? Never seen one of those before.

TM

2. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    It's the "Eclipse" mouthpiece that Leigh gets... they come in the regular sizes, and I know that while Gary and I visited he had one that he "Made" by hand that played great. He's a freak like that sometimes....
    Oh, don't you love that scratch/polish gold look? I had my Bob Reeves done like that.
    -J

3. Liad Bar-EL

Liad Bar-EL Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Jerusalem, Israel
    I am very interested.

Does Leigh have the equipment to make mouthpieces?

Could he clone a given mouthpiece or work from a given "mold" from someone else?

Leigh, could you make a solid silver mouthpiece? This has a different heat ratio than brass and may require a cooler or a lot of rest stops while cutting.

Could you put the .925 on the solid silver part or would you have some else do that?

Liad Bar-EL

4. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    Hi Liad

I dont have the equipment or set up to do this, i basically use someone who does do it.
    However i am looking into something regarding mouthpieces soonish, so ill keep you posted on that.

I have never had an interest as such in mouthpieces, its always been the instruments themselves thats done it for me.
    Having seen some of the prices, all i can sday is that i am glad i just make instruments!

There are many many machining companies over here that will copy for you, but it is the intial set up cost that is huge.
    Once that is done and the spec is in the computer then it can be very cheap to get them made.

Of course not everyone can make a great mouthpiece.

I tend to leave it to the people who are highly skilled in that area!

Do what you do best..

Hmmmmmmm i could get someone who is very good to make me some very good ones though couldnt i! hmmmmmmmmmmmm i wonder.

Regards

Leigh

5. jazzman54

jazzman54 New Friend

Nov 9, 2003
    so that mp on the trumpet is an eclipse MP? but you don't make it? are there differnet models or sizes?

6. Jarrett

Jarrett Piano User

Nov 11, 2003
    Richland, MO
    I should clarify, I ment he threw a blank mpc on a lathe and was just half messin around, and ended up with somethin playable. I'm pretty sure all the mpc's are just 3c 5c and 7c for right now
    -J

7. eclipse trumpets

eclipse trumpets Piano User

Oct 24, 2003
    England
    We do have Eclipse Mouthpieces manufactured for us by an outside contractor, and yes we have 3c,5c and 7c available.

I have plans to do something in the way of mouthpieces in the very near future, so ill let you all know when that happens.

Regards

Leigh