Mr. Manny!?!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trmpt_chica, Apr 8, 2007.

1. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    why hello there my internet trumpet mentor!
    This is trmpt chica just stopping by to tell you another update. But first i must apoligize for not having time to stop by here in a while. I had a huge tragedy happen to me and i went into a deep depression, but now im fine and getting some help!
    Well Belshazzar's feast (my old marching field show) was actually okay, we got 6th place at championships! our teacher has already planned next years show, I only know that for a fact our closing song is going to be THREE LONDON MINATURES but with a 2007 twist..
    My trumpet playing was actually really good, i did improve alot! If i had stayed in trumpet i would be 2nd chair first trumpet! Too bad...i actually switched to oboe! My parents bought me one for Christmas! Ive become actually pretty good at it! Im first chair out of 3 other oboeist, who came from flute! (i also have picked up flute)
    Well concert season is now upon us. For my band we played Old churches, Regatta for winds and West Highlands Sojourn. We played all of those pieces for competition, Currently we have moved on to Alligator Alley (very fun beat), First suite in Eflat (i love the old scottish sound), In all its glory (its a fun little ditty!) and Cajoun(sp?) folk songs I and II (the first version is SOO hard on oboe! i blame my slow fingers!)
    Well thats my update! how are you?? what did your bands play for concert season? Oh and of corse how are your children? i hope well!
    You must update me!
    take care,
    trmptchica (Now obo_tmpt_chica! tee hee!)

2. trumpet520

trumpet520 Pianissimo User

Oct 25, 2006
    Oklahoma
    sorry for popping in,

but we played west highlands sojourn my freshman year.

3. trmpt_chica

trmpt_chica New Friend

Jun 29, 2005
    CALIFORNIA BABY!
    fun isnt it? i loved it! i loved the 3rd movement the best

4. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Dear chica of undetermined instrument origin,

Great to hear from you! I think a few of us have wondered what you've been up to lately. It sounds like plenty. Oboe, huh? Well, good for you, the oboe's a beautiful instrument in the right hands and it seems that you've made short work out of making progress. There are some recordings I'd like for you to check out if you can. I'm going to bet your band director can help you track them down:

Tchaikovsky- Swan Lake Suite
    Tchaikovsky-4th Symphony, 2nd movement
    Saint Saƫns-Bachanale from "Samson and Delilah"

Those are some of the most beautiful oboe solos in the repertoire. There are many more but that'll give you a good start for listening to great music.

My family is doing well, My daughter just turned 12 and is still playing violin and my son just turned 16 and recently got his drivers license. Life seems to be going faster.

I'm fine... work is great and I had a nice Easter Sunday. I hope you did, too. Thanks for stopping by and checking in with us. It's always nice to hear from you. Enjoy your marching!

ML