MSO's Bruckner this evening

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Alex Yates, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Alex Yates

Alex Yates Forte User

Aug 11, 2005
    Atlanta, GA
    Manny and the gang rocked the hall tonight with Bruckner 8. Bravo! You beat those rotaries into submission just fine. The brass sounded great with you leading the pack. Congrats on a great run.

:wave:

2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Alex,

Thanks! It was a fun show to play... oddly enough, Doug Wright (the prin. t-bonist) and I were waxing philosophic regarding how much we were enjoying the week. Skrowaczeski had his 82 birthday and we played happy Birthday for him as the first rehearsal started. He was actually surprised... he had no idea what was happening but finally caught on that it wasn't Bruckner.

On to Ravel...

ML

3. Jimi Michiel

Jimi Michiel Forte User

Mar 22, 2005
    Boston
    Yeah, ditto. Manny, you guys rocked tonight. The whole brass section just sounded like one giant organ, perfect!!!! It's concerts like tonights that make me want to go home and practice. (I did go home, but the practicing is going to have to wait until the morning :D ) Thanks for the inspiration. I can't wait to hear Ravel.
    -Jimi

4. cornetguy

cornetguy Mezzo Forte User

Sep 12, 2005
    Saint Paul, MN
    Heard the broadcast last night while doing laundry. Orchestra sounded fantastic. I would like to see Skrowaczewski conduct more then one week a season.