WTS: Mt Vernon, NY Bach, 1958/59, Pre-Selmer

Discussion in 'Bb Trumpets' started by Pioden, Dec 16, 2015.

1. Pioden

Pioden New Friend

Nov 11, 2015
    I'm looking to sell a vintage Mercedes Bach trumpet from the Mt Vernon, NY days.
    According to the serial No., 190XX, this Mercedes was made in 1958/59, before Vincent Bach sold to Selmer.

This Mercedes is NOT today's student instrument; Bach designed them to be economical versions of the Bach Strads for professional, gigging musicians.

If you are interested in reading a detailed article on the Mercedes instruments, go here: BACH MERCEDES TRUMPETS AND CORNETS
    The instrument for sale is from the post WWII, 1954-1961 range of Mercedes trumpets.

We have had the instrument in my family since late 1960's, about ten years after it was made. It was recently taken in to Meyer Music for a wash and service, replacing felts and corks, as necessary. They agree it is in good, playable condition.

The sale includes a hardshell vintage Bach case "with character", and a No. 2 silver-plate Bach mouthpiece.

Please see my Craig's Listing for more details (I'm in Grand Rapids, MI): grandrapids.craigslist.org/msg/5351819720.html

To hear the instrument, please go to this You Tube site for two octave Bb and F scales, and a couple short n sweet sound bites taken with my iPad mini: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLrNyZWJkCEPV19z19dSXc99JLJxqqIXOw

MtVM Middle Top Detail.JPG ] MtVM Upper Top Detail.JPG MtVM Mark Detail 2.JPG
    There are LOTS of pics of the trumpet in the Craig's Listing.

I'm asking $1500, but I'll consider offers, too.

If you're interested, please PM me.

Thanks!
    Pioden