Mt. Vernon

Discussion in 'Horns' started by musicalmason, Jun 11, 2004.

1. musicalmason

musicalmason Forte User

Dec 14, 2003
    Pa
    nope, not the vintage horn, the one made by kanstul. I just found it, you all have probably known about it forever, but I'll post the link anyway. http://trumpettrader.com/mtv.php any word on it? does it live up to its namesake(or come close)? does anybody play one?

2. King High

King High New Friend

Feb 19, 2004
    I never saw one - but sounds like a zeus. You don't see it in tha Kanstul catalogue, it was made for US Band.

3. Veldkamp

Veldkamp Piano User

Mar 29, 2004
    the Netherlands
    I tested a new brand lately, made by Kanstul but they named it Henry Passant. They made 4 copies of the old Mt.Vernon, Benge, Besson and Constellation.

I don't know what the meaning of this kind of trumpets is, or what it does with marketing. The trumpets played fine but played like Kanstuls. It's seems like a Zeus, they are claiming to make a sort of copie of the original one but it isn't.

I find it sad to make a line like this, just make a good trumpet and name it Kanstul !

4. trptbenge

trptbenge Pianissimo User

Jan 15, 2004
    Atlanta
    Kanstul makes horns for several different brands that will never appear in their catalog. This is a large part of their business.

Mike

5. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Nice looking website.

It's refreshing to see that some newer merchants selling "stencil" horns can be honest when it comes to the stencil horns they sell.

This is the second "Mt. Vernon" stencil horn made by Kanstul for private label sales. Same construction quality, same valve cluster (Kanstul's cheaper one), same # bell, etc.

At least THIS ONE is marketed honestly for what it is. The price? $1,000.

Most stencil horns are made by lower quality companies but not this one. It is priced fairly and no one claims the buyer is getting something they are not.

Congratulations to the seller and best of luck!

Tom Turner