Multi Trumpet...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Easytrumpet, Aug 10, 2015.

1. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    One of the best pocket trumpets I've ever played was the Stomvi Pocket Forte... no difference to the long model forte. Awkward to hold, though.

2. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    But what do you mean with Multi Trumpet?

3. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    When learning multiple trumpets, key becomes an issue. There is quite a learning curve to the C, D, Eb, F, G and the Bb piccolo. All require time and attitude to begin to feel normal. There is a learning curve to all new instruments, and a pocket trumpet and a normal trumpet is going to be there. Response, resistance and sound will be different. You will adjust with to the the differences with practice.

4. Franklin D

Franklin D Forte User

May 23, 2009
    The Netherlands
    The OP is NOT talking about trumpets in different keys, only about a different wrap.

5. trickg

trickg Utimate User

Oct 26, 2003
    Baltimore/DC
    Back in my Army band days when I was playing a lot, I got to a point where I was so dialed in to a particular horn, that messing around too much on someone else's horn could actually throw me off for a bit on my own, and my own Strad was the only horn I felt very comfortable on. I don't seem to have that issue as much anymore, which might be due to a couple of things. One, I play a trumpet that I don't believe has as many inherent quirks as the Bach Stradivarius design, and two, due to the fact that my job is no longer playing trumpet and hasn't been for a long time, I don't play enough to be finely tuned and dialed in to anything. Not like that anyway.

6. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    As long as your remember to take it out of your pocket you'll be OK. Otherwise you don't need a mute.

7. Culbe

Culbe Forte User

Jul 25, 2014
    Normal
    You would get a really sore back on a gig!