Muscle Tear/Hotspot

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark_Kindy, Dec 6, 2011.

1. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Now the world knows the whole truth: physicians are mortals.

2. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    Thanks all for your so informative posts! And not so informative ROFL
    I have discussed this with my teacher, and she agrees that I should take the day off, play lightly the next and see how things go from there. Thankfully if it's still bad on Thursday we're going to cancel/postpone my jury performance (that's on Monday). While that's not preferred, I'm glad I won't have to perform on this if I don't recover in time.

3. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    you can't do this every semester to get out of juries.... they will figure it out!

4. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Mark, great to see your teacher concurs with the guy that has the medical degree, after all, we physicians ARE mere mortals (as well as crappy spellers!; AND can you guys believe that I actually EDIT for medical journals!)

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Could it be Herpes Simplex? Some college girls have cooties. (Seriously, though, stress can perk up some otherwise latent conditions.)

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Actually I think that it was YOUR responsibility to LEARN how to spell --- so don't be blaming your medical institution of higher learning!! ROFL ROFL ROFL
    don't blame your Parents either --they hoped you would learn your ABC's, but they were happy when your learned CDEFGABC --- "HEY, close enough" - they said. ROFL ROFL ROFL

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    when you get older --- it takes about 4 days to recover minimum --- so be careful. OH, I was once a college student more than 2 decades ago --- so I want to remind you to get GOOD NUTRITION, PROPER HYDRATION (umm try NOT to dehydrate yourself with adult beverages if you can), your vitamins, plenty of rest,
    ---- anyways, maintaining a healthy body will prevent a great many injuries, and lots of protein intake in the diet will help repair injury and build strong muscles --- BUT I am not a DR., but nonetheless --- those tips will help in the future (((OH and the big tip of the day -- is that WOMEN are NOT impressed with the Macho high note competitions that we trumpet players often due ---- they think it is some sort of silly cavemanish idea to outdo one another --- so next time a pretty girl comes by the practice room -- PLAY Brahm's or something like that --- and try NOT to hit the HIGH notes to impress her --- that should prevent some injuries) ROFL ROFL ROFL

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Herpes is a possibility. Is there an ulcer in the area of the pain? This is fairly characteristic of Herpes. By the way VB who did you hang with in college? I gotta introduce to a more respectable contingency of women courters. Next time you're in Dayton, look me up, we have some very nice medical students that could help you live to a ripe old age of ____ [place your preference here].

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Last I checked, I am responsible to "First do no harm". I leave the responsibility of details behind the spelling up to the pharmacist. I love pharmacist, they do keep me honest! A tough job, but somebody's gotta do it.

10. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    I'm pretty sure it's not oral herpes -- no ulcers, and I've seen herpes before on others. This is really not showing any outward signs of injury, all I can tell is from the tenderness of the area and muscle. And the injury is not on my lip at all, rather in the area just above my corner where a moustache would be if I had ANY desire to grow one...