Muscle Tear/Hotspot

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark_Kindy, Dec 6, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    YEAH -- but they do it much more gracefully than you do -- and they are way more attractive trumpet teachers than you!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Speaking of muscle tear and hotspots in keeping in line with the title of the tread... Can't say I have ever heard either of them fart.

I on the other hand, I produce hot sounds from the other end, and yes, maybe not as gracefull as their silent passings, but rather with all the passion of a hot blooded Hungarian trumpet player.

And this coming from the guy who want the phone number to the DUDE that books the Detroit Jazz Festival!

3. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uh--- NO ---- YOU are the crazy GM guy who thought he would be a good buddy, and either fix me up with a 93 year old lady, or some dude!!!!!!! uh NO on either for me --- I guess that is what buddy's are for ---- a few good laughs at my expense ROFL ROFL ROFL

4. codyb226

codyb226 Banned

Mar 9, 2011
    Florida, US

You do your thing....

5. hahkeystah

hahkeystah Piano User

Jan 12, 2011
    Charlottesville, VA
    On the other hand, she WAS blonde.....

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    and in keeping with the OP's problem --- also try using an ice cube wrapped in a towel on you lips next time this happens to take the swelling down, and then soak them in warm epsom salt walter to promote circulation and tissue repair ---- HOWEVER I am not a doctor --- but trust me that advice is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Soaking in epsom salt would not be easy to do. A much easier method as I recommended earlier and this time to get the spelling correct is a gental internal massage. This will best get the blood flowing. If there is swelling, ice may help, but holding ice on mucosal membrane can easily cause a burn, so if ice is used, use it sparingly and only apply it for only several seconds at a time, alow to warm up, re-apply, until a numbing is just noticed.

8. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    A gentle internal massage can be had by playing a low note and singing almost the same note. Gets blood moving and is good for grossing out string players.

9. Mark_Kindy

Mark_Kindy Mezzo Forte User

Jul 11, 2010
    Gainesville, FL
    All I could want in life ;D

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    of course kingtrumpet said -- wrap the ice cube in a towel (uh that would prevent burns from the ice) ----
    might I add that GM already submitted advice on putting ice on a lip
    http://www.trumpetmaster.com/vb/f131/lip-problem-63983.html

In the future, when you start losing control, back off or better yet, stop playing, massage the area, ice it for 30 second bursts, and stop playing until control is once again achieved.

disclaimer is that the Dr. did not mention putting his ICE in a towel or wrapping it to prevent a burn, only that 30 seconds or less was sufficient -----AGAIN KINGTRUMPET IS NOT A DOCTOR _ HOWEVER THE DR STANDS CORRECTED --thank you very much kingtrumpet -- your a great guy