Muscle Tear/Hotspot

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mark_Kindy, Dec 6, 2011.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    kingtrumpet might also add that along with ice on the lips, and soaking them in (sea salt, epsom salts) -- some OTC Ibuprofen or other OTC anti-inflammatory medicine should help (that's over the counter medicine, and doesn't require a prescription --- uh drummers, please get your brass playing friends to read the directions for you) ----- and I might add (the Ice -- which apparently is prescribed by some doctors on some occasions -- the exception of course being this post --- but nonetheless (Ice and soaking the lips in Sea salt) is a method to reduce swelling handed down from Maynard, and one of his band members (Eric Miyashiro -- and is in a book by another Maynard band member - Keith Fiala --- I would mention the book -- but we don't want NO SPAM or promotions of anothers material on TM ---ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I do share the thrill of being able to gross out a string player. I have also found that asking a string player to suck on my upper lip to stimulate blood flow would gross a few out. But then there are those string players that have taken me up on the offer; started the blood flowing in other places as well.

3. stumac

stumac Fortissimo User

Oct 19, 2008
    Flinders Vic Australia
    That is a new approach I shall have to try on my viola player, although I may have to shave the the upper lip first, ( mine, not hers ).

Regards, Stuart.