music books

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by songbook, Oct 3, 2011.

1. songbook

songbook Piano User

Apr 25, 2010
    I was wondering if anyone could recommend some fun practice books for the intermediate trumpet player. Something with some etudes, fun jazz songs, etc. Please don't recommend arbans. I would like some music that's fun to play after the serious studying is done. Thank you.

2. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    The first thing that comes to mind is Kevin Bailey's "Jazz Incorporated". It's quite fun to play and at an intermediate level (the last two songs are more on the advanced side however, doing them for my List C for my AMEB Grade 7 exam this year). And although this sounds stupid, I also recommend Flight of the Bumblebee. It's a really good feeling when you can finally play it properly, and all you need to know is your chromatics. More would include 'Take Ten', which has a ten intermediate level songs (modern and classical), 'Standards Volume 1' by the legendary Miles Davis, and definitely 'Classical Pieces for Trumpet and Organ' is a great selection of Classical music for you to run through. But a few of a massive range to choose from.

3. trumpetsplus

trumpetsplus Fortissimo User

Jun 11, 2006
    South Salem, NY
    I have 2 books "Melodies for playing" and Songs for Playing". Check my website for details

4. jtpowell

jtpowell Pianissimo User

Mar 15, 2011
    Cincinnati
  5. rettepnoj

rettepnoj Fortissimo User

Feb 22, 2009
    Norway
    Check out Trumpets Eleven on Hip-Bone Music

A
    llen Vizzutti's play along books are also great. :D