Music Minus You!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by stewmuse, Dec 3, 2004.

1. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
    I have a new collection of 10 Renaissance duets, trios, and quartets
    available. Minus Minus You, Vol. 1 provides the music (in score form
    and separate trumpet 1 parts) and an accompaniment/performance CD.
    No MIDI, just real trumpets!

More info available at:

http://www.stewmuse.com/MMY.html

Also available on eBay by searching "Trumpet Renaissance Play-along"

2. W Scott

W Scott Piano User

Dec 8, 2003
    Carson City, NV.
    How tough are these pieces. I get really tired of all of the books out there that are transposed down to be 'easy'. I got lucky the other day and bought a Baroque Music Minus 1 that had the original transcriptions plus the transposed down ones. How are the charts in this book?

3. stewmuse

stewmuse Pianissimo User

Apr 28, 2004
    NW Chicago
    These pieces are not technically difficult. They are vocal transcriptions, so there are limited 1/16th note runs. The range typically extends from A below the staff to Bb above it. Any transposing I did was upward, not down.
    The skills developed, or "difficulty," with these lie in the intonation of the lines (lots of open fifths and octaves with which to contend), as well as endurance and dynamic control in the upper middle register. You must often play delicately to really create the vocal style. There are no extended rests, since voices don't need them as much as we do. The longer pieces go 3-4 minutes, and you will "feel the burn" by the time you're through with them.
    What I like about these kinds of pieces is that they are immediately accessible to most all players, but you have to be playing well to make them sound really fine. :D