Music notation apps for iOS?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Bwanabass, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    Hi all,

i use MuseScore on my MacBook to create sheet music based on the parts I've been writing for a recording project I've been collaborating on, but I would like to find an app with similar capabilities that I could use on my iPhone or iPad.

I've been through the App Store and there doesn't seem to be a plethora of cheap notation/midi apps with decent reviews. I am asking if my trumpet brethren might be able to make some recommendations or share their experiences. I'm on the road with my band this weekend, so I'd like to pick something up this morning, so I can work in the car.

Also, if anyone is using something better than MuseScore, I'd love to hear about that as well!

Thanks!

2. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Have you tried ScoreCloud? You play (or sing) and it writes the notes on the stave. Tricky rhythms or lots of notes need to be played slowly, but then can be sped up. Might be useful for you.

3. Bwanabass

Bwanabass Mezzo Piano User

Jan 20, 2013
    Syracuse, NY
    I will check that out for sure. I use Logic Pro X on my Mac, but I am certainly not a power user. I *think* there is some functionality like that built in, but I am not certain. I will certainly look into ScoreCloud.

Thanks!