Music Store

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Patric_Bernard, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Patric_Bernard

Patric_Bernard Forte User

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Ok... I've finally started a music store online. Please visit it often and buy some nice jazz tunes.

SoundClick's music store

I will try to add new songs at least 3 times a week, if not, at least weekly.

Thanks everyone... this is the beggining for me.

2. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    So these are tunes you are playing on and to listen we need to pay $.75

3. Decentplayer

Decentplayer Mezzo Forte User

Jan 11, 2008
    USA
    Put up some freebies at first and see if ppl like it, then charge. Good luck.

4. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    You can click the little arrow on the left hand side of the title to hear the track.
    You are going to have to make these sound better if you want them to sell. The trumpet is so far back in the mix it is like you are in a tin can compared to band in a box.

5. Patric_Bernard

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Ok thanks for the advice. I'm gonna do some more recording tonight. I'll turn my sound up, and i'll put those up as freebes as well.

6. Patric_Bernard

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  7. MrWho3421

MrWho3421 Pianissimo User

Jun 1, 2006
    If you don't mind me asking, what is your background and why should someone buy your music?

8. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    1. If you are going to play the head first, play it right - the fourth line which is sung: Of red and gold - is fifth, sixth, maj 7th, up to minor 3rd. You are playing the melody for the 8th line.

2. Intonation needs work.

3. Background is poor. You could get away with it in a lounge or on the street, but no one's going to pay you for it online.

Still a good effort and nice bending near the end. Keep working at it. You need to cut loose a bit more.

9. Patric_Bernard

Oct 25, 2007
    California
    The backround is really all I have to play with. Do you guys have any ideas of other things to use as backrounds? What I'm using now is just chord changes out of Smart Music Studio.

Veery, I was playing out of a Joseph Kosma edition, the same arrangement that Wynton plays.

and Mr. Who, No one has to buy my music. I love playing. Any day that I can change the way someone looks at anything with my music, I've done my job. Whether they choose to listen again is up to them.

Veery, how do i "cut loose"? what are some good ideas that you guys could give me to improve. I've started listening to alot more players, but i'm sure I still need to keep at it.

10. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Wynton Marsalis can take liberties with the tune and get away with it. He doesn't play it right, but nobody's going to knock it because he's Wynton. When you play as well as he does do whatever you want, but be sure you know how the thing actually goes, and I'll bet he does.
    Cutting loose in this case, means to me playing some faster licks than you do, to break the monotony of the pace you improvise at. A few measures with twice or three times as many notes in them - here and there, not constant, but some fast and some slower.