Music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamboman, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Mamboman

Mamboman Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2011
    NSW Australia
    Hello people of TM!
    For my music class at school, I Have to play music of another culture. And I really wanted to find a great either solo classical or Latin trunpet piece. Unfortunately the choice are small because It has to be traditional to a country. Do you guys have and suggestions? It would be great if it was challenging etc aswell.

thanks alot.

2. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Australia is quite a multiculti country. You should have plenty of sources at your front door. Or rather, on the other side of your front door and away from your computer. ;-)

For anyone wanting to help you with suggestions, it would be helpful if you could tell us:
    - what level a player you are, (for example do you use ABRSM level grades?).
    - what kind of accompaniment you intend to use and what level of musicianship you can expect from the accompaniment.
    - how much time do you have to prepare?

3. Mamboman

Mamboman Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2011
    NSW Australia
    Unfortunately I've never done grades... I think approximately I was told I would be an 8? If that helps haha.

Also, there really isn't much chance for accompaniment. Other than drums and an alright guitarist.

And I know that there is a large amount of culture in Australia, but it has to be traditional. And traditional Australian is aboriginal.

I think that what would be most fun to do would be mariachi, but I myself have no experience.

Thankyou for the help! :) :):):)

4. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    Shepherd's Song, is traditional French folk tune.
    English Folk Song Suite, by Vaughn Williams does what it says on the tin.
    Danny Boy, a traditional Irish tune.

5. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Zorba The Greek would be fun with a trumpet, guitar and drums.

6. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Try some of the traditional Bavarian7Austrian tunes, like Andachtsjodler or Erzherzog-Johann-Jodler. Very traditional indeed, and usually played on trumpet in traditional folk music. You might also try some of the Scottish Highland Songs by Robert Burns - starting with the De'il's awa wi' th' Exciseman and then My Heart's in the Highlands. Readily available on the web, and don't really need any accompaniment.

7. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
  8. kehaulani

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Ahh yes, of course.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  9. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    no, not that guy!!!

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    how about ZORRO? --- a popular movie -- and it is also kind of "latin", or Spanish type of music -- and guess what?? I have the music for you!! - well sort of, least ways you can figure it out (if'n you know your piano notes) -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

zorro transcripted music - Yahoo! Search Results