Music

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Mamboman, Aug 4, 2013.

1. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Off-topic post for barliman.

barliman - Stefan Raab did a live show from the terrace outside Heino's Café in Bad Münstereifel and, with Heino in the background, Stefan was singing (I think) Wadde Hadde Dudde Da, moving in and out of the, mainly elderly, seated crowd. When he hit the rap section, he was getting individuals to rap along with him into the mic . . . but in English. And in typical Raab style, he couldn't leave well enough alone, and started adding dirty (English) words that, seemingly, the Café patrons didn't know.

So here's Stefan with that evil smile on his face getting these good, older folks rapping dirty English words to the song. Classic Raab, impish, funny and yet a bit mean spirited at the same time. I looked in the background of the seated patrons and there was Heino, standing and looking NOT amused. I'm sure he knew exactly what Raab was up to, and at Heino's expense, LOL.

Why so much text? I tried finding a video for you on YouTube but just wasn't successful. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  2. Mamboman

Mamboman Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2011
    NSW Australia
    Thanks for all the suggestions, do you have any more?

Ill check out the Austrian songs... And im sorry man, Zorro seems a little...ahhh, easy? more like a long tone excercies grom what i could see haha

3. fraserhutch

fraserhutch Mezzo Piano User

Jan 23, 2004
    Novato, CA, USA
  4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Yes, forgive me for that!! -- I guess I wasn't thinking --- here try this latin song "El Farol" -- this might be more like what you are looking for!!! Doc Severinsen performs "El Farol" with Gil Gutiérrez & Pedro Cartas - YouTube

5. Mamboman

Mamboman Pianissimo User

Dec 28, 2011
    NSW Australia
    Hmmmmmmmmmm. But unfortunately the problem with many of these songs is that they are actually too easy! (not to be arrogant, i just need them to look challenging for my teachers)... But do you guys have any real challenging ones that also have sheet music too, or any other ideas??? Thanks so muchhhhhh :):)

6. Rapier

Rapier Forte User

Jul 18, 2011
    UK
    No such thing as too easy! Slow melodic pieces are just as difficult as finger flinging technical things with 300 notes in each bar.

7. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Interesting... how did you get Stefan Raab in TX?

8. barliman2001

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    What about a nice Tarantella? Or you can try the "Der alte Dessauer" march, which is studded with three finger-flinging solos.

9. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Ich wohnte einige Jahre in Südwest-Deutschland.

10. barliman2001

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    That does not really answer my question... but we'll let it pass. Where exactly?