Musicians - What can be done to improve...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by gzent, Jun 24, 2013.

1. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    The pencils most people think "work the best" are the yellow ones. No scientific evidence to back that up. It's just in people's heads from early school days........Hence, yes, I agree.

2. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    And if you jump around in your bare feet on floor full of thumb tacks, you may get some pretty high notes without a trumpet, and in less time than 2.5 minutes.

3. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    And whatever happened to underwear twisting?

4. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    If you think that trumpet players are open to suggestion and apt to turn to gadgets to help their playing you must not be a golfer. If playing golf and reading the ads in golf magazines has taught me anything it is this: Somewhere, right now, someone is trying your method for increasing their range--and others are waiting for you to put it on sale so they can buy it. Who knows, maybe you could get a late night infomercial on television and ultimately afford to buy a Monette trumpet. And we all know that's the magic wand that produces amazing range, clean articulation, rich tone and instant admiration.

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    I'm working on a potion to improve jazz improvisation, but gmonady is reluctant to supply some of the ingredients.

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    And then Arturo picks up one of those $250 plastic trumpets and sounds like...Arturo.

7. gzent

gzent Fortissimo User

Nov 5, 2003
    Rochester, MN
    Shhh - that's not to be spoken of until my sequel "Double High C in 37 seconds" is complete...

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I don't know... If this does not work... someone could get hopping mad:x

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    ... and its amazing that after all the oral, throat, and other pulmonary maladies we had in our youth, mostly as can be attributed to unsanitary things we stuck in our mouth and sat at a school desk that had as many as 25 others sat at in a day without a sani-wipe between, that we still persist in playing these brass instruments ... and are now able to.

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    I work strictly on a professional basis... Schedule with my clinic, and no longer will you be my cynick.

Just think:
    You schedule the appointment... You get my magic ointment!
    If you pass me by... You won't get high!