Must See Maynard Concert Footage!!

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by talcito, Dec 31, 2004.

1. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    Recently there was a tribute concert to Maynard featuring many of his alumni as well as other great players like Bobby Shew.

The footage was recorded over a 3 day period and features not only the performances but also the rehearsals.

Stop whatever you are doing and go to www.fuzzylumkin.com to check it out. Some of the best trumpet playing from the greatest players you will ever hear!!!

2. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Make sure you've got broadband and a lot of time to watch though! There are several hours of video on that site. I'm very grateful that someone was able to post it... my only wish is that they'd used a tripod to steady the cam!

3. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    It is very possible that the tripod was steady. When I watched it, I just thought it was my head that was spinning!!

4. Kojak

Kojak New Friend

Sep 11, 2004
    hmm-so what to do after hearing those guys??? :-o

trash my horn?? change to tuba?? or PRACTICE MORE??? :dontknow:

:oops: Greatings from Germany
    Dennis

5. JackD

JackD Mezzo Forte User

Nov 30, 2003
    Manchester / London
    Wow, great stuff! Eric Miyashiro.... :-o :shock:

6. Hiwiller

Hiwiller New Friend

Dec 29, 2004
    near Cleveland, OH, USA
    Ditto!!! I got the best Xmas gift from my wife. She got me Eric M's "City of Brass" CD from SeeleyMusic.com I had mentioned to her that I'd love to get it and she did the leg work! Thanks Honey! :roll: :oops:

7. talcito

talcito Piano User

Feb 18, 2004
    During Conquistador there is someone in the trumpet section who is playing with just an incredible, beautiful sound---Does anyone know who that player is? There are alot of different lines going on during this tune in the trumpet section, but there is one guy who's playing just blew me away!!!

8. Lo

Lo New Friend

Nov 25, 2003
    Toronto,Ontario
    I'm only guessing but i think that the one in the middle with the sound you are speaking of was Wayne Bergeron? Looked like him i think!

9. tom turner

tom turner Mezzo Forte User

Oct 25, 2003
    Georgia, USA
    Hi,

I watched it last night. If I recal, Roger Ingram was playing the lead book, back in the section, and out-singing everyone on the stage. He's got such a beautiful sound and a steady, smooth style on lead that makes it sound soooo easy!

Sincerely,

Tom Turner

10. timcates

timcates Pianissimo User

Jan 17, 2004
    Texas - USA
    just watched it again to confirm - Wayne Bergeron is playing lead and sounds AMAZING - besides the fanfares at the top listen to the high A after the sax solo - SCARY! (the rest of the section looks like Mike Bogart on 2nd, John Chudoba on 3rd and Scott Engelbright on 4th)

BTW, If you're anywhere near central Texas this Spring, Wayne will be appearing with the Temple Jazz Orchestra April 2nd as the final concert for the Temple Jazz Fest - should be a great show - TJO is a great band (IMHO, i play the jazz book) - we're also playing at the IAJE regional at Baylor University in Waco later in April - Jon Faddis will be there playing with BU's group and hopefully hanging for some jam sessions that will be held in conjunction with the festival. Fun times in texas this Spring.

http://www.templejc.edu/dept/Music/Jazz/jazz2005.htm

http://www.baylor.edu/baylorjazz/index.php?id=19816