Mute bag

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by alant, Aug 3, 2012.

1. mgcoleman

mgcoleman Mezzo Forte User

Jun 22, 2010
    Iowa
    Good point. Somebody has to set up stands, stack stands, etc....better not make them completely mad.

2. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    I use a tool bag from Home Depot.... Lots of chubby holes and pockets inside and out. Costs $20-30. Husky brand

3. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    Here's my mute bag, and it does have a side pocket that a music folder will fit in...in fact, a couple horns will fit in there, too...:lol:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  4. bachfella

bachfella Mezzo Piano User

Oct 11, 2011
    Claymont, DE
    Regarding the post about getting "dirty looks" from woodwind players, don't we get dirty looks from them, anyway??:cool:

5. chierholzer

chierholzer New Friend

May 31, 2012
    Chicago
  6. fels

fels Piano User

Jun 8, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    i have found that shoe bags are great as mute protectors. One mute per bag. Then you can throw them in whatever old backback or briefcase you use for carrying. Of course you must buy shoes from a company that ships them in shoe bags.

7. amzi

amzi Forte User

Feb 18, 2010
    Northern California
    Crown Royal bags work well for mute storage. Back in the day you got them from a friendly bartender. Today you can buy them on eBay. Any bag big enough to hold the mutes you need and the music you want to carry is all you need. The less it costs the better as far as I'm concerned.

8. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Check out Torpedo Bags if you also need a new bag. They have their Lorado were a music bag zips on to one side and a nice mute bag to the other. You just tote the trumpet case with a shoulder strap.

9. turtlejimmy

turtlejimmy Utimate User

Jun 6, 2010
    Oregon

Canadian Club whiskey bags are also great for mutes, if you can find them.

Also, my single Bach case is highly MUTE FRIENDLY. I get a trumpet, a little music (as long as it's not too thick), and my 3 favorite mutes, two of them in the Canadian Club bags; Alessi Vachiano straight mute, stone lined cup mute and a Harmon. :cool:

Turtle

10. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    While some use them as a mute, I've lots of Crown Royal bags in both the fifth and half gallon size that give some of my mutes some safegaurd from minor damage.