Mutes for the Monette.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by trickg, May 12, 2005.

1. blutch

blutch Pianissimo User

Dec 25, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    I and several others I know have difficulty playing them for long periods. They are SO wide open in the backbore than there is very little resistance. I consider myself fairly tuned in to Monette gear having played it for 15 years, and I've made a valiant effort to play the new Pranas, but they just don't work for me. I lose focus in the upper register and endurance goes out the window after about 20 minutes of playing them. Until then, they sound like a million bucks.

I have two "early" Pranas from when they were first made available and the backbores are a bit tighter. You can tell by simply looking at the end.. the new Pranas have a knife edge sharpness to them and the "vintage" Pranas don't. They are thinner than conventional, but not paper thin like the new ones.

I have had just excellent luck with the earlier versions.. the benefits of the Prana, but something that is playable for me.

So, i have a couple new Pranas for sale if anyone is interested...

I have a C1-2 81 a B1-2 81 and i think a C1-2D 81. They are barely used and in excellent condidtion. Let me know if you are interested.

MA

2. cmcdougall

cmcdougall Piano User

Feb 3, 2005
    Is Dave regularly making these older PRANAS, i sure wouldnt mind having one, because though they are minute i sometimes have a little of the endurance problems.

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    For me it is just the opposite.
    My first Prana was too big. After working with it for a while I got a new one stamped 81. This was a little smaller. After playing on that for a while I went back to the first one. (bigger)

I like the first one now and I have been playing on it for about a year. It is stamped 12.