My '37 Martin Imperial Handcraft came in the mail today.

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Chuck Cox, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Chuck Cox

Chuck Cox Forte User

Oct 3, 2008
    Cary NC
    I played a few notes on it out in the garage because there were a lot of people in the house and I didn't want to be the center of attention. I jammed a rubber cork in the tuning slide water key and oiled the valves first. After a few notes, I pulled the 2nd slide and noticed tons of gunk. She's in the large garage sink soaking up some warm suds right now. I haven't even had time to study the bell except for seeing the word Handcraft. It appears to be the same bell as my Committee. I'll do a side by side photo tomorrow for you guys. I know I'm like a 6 year old at Christmas !

coolerdave likes this.
  2. patkins

patkins Forte User

Nov 22, 2010
    Tuscaloosa, AL.
    Congrats bro' they are great horns! I let one go because the bore size was medium. I'm use to large bore. The bell was very like my early Committee. The sound was surprisingly similar to the medium bore Committee. Keep us posted.

3. Pat S

Pat S Piano User

Jan 28, 2012
    San Antonio
    Congrats on the new addition to your fold. I hope to see pictures once you're able to peel yourself away from playing it.

4. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    [​IMG]

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm Me like

5. Brekelefuw

Brekelefuw Fortissimo User

Mar 21, 2006
    Toronto
    Congrats.
    Hopefully the suds aren't too warm and it peels the lacquer off....

6. coolerdave

coolerdave Utimate User

Nov 7, 2009
    San Pedro
    who gets to autograph this one?

7. D.C. Al fine

D.C. Al fine Banned

May 8, 2012
    USA
    I will, just send it to me and you will have it back in no time. Really, no time.....your not getting it back.