My Audition

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by eisprl, Jun 15, 2006.

1. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hello everyone

I was going to wait to post this until I heard official word but what the heck I am tired of waiting for official word.

I did an audition on the 10th of April for the Canadian Military bands. The rejection letters have been sent out and I did not receive one. They told me that my name is on retainent and that I just have to go through a few things at the recruiting center. It sounds as though I may have a career pretty soon. :D

Eric

2. Solar Bell

Solar Bell Moderator Staff Member

May 11, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Eric!

It sounds like you're in!

Congratulations!

-cw-

3. ptynan

ptynan Pianissimo User

Sep 13, 2005
    Antigonish, NS
    Congrats!!

Where is the band located?

PT

4. Auggy62

Auggy62 New Friend

Mar 23, 2006
    New Brunswick,Canada
    HI there:)

Congrats..you are in for a alot of fun and hard work.Just so some of the posters know....First of all he'll have to do boot camp and the after that depending on his qualifications ( music degree ) he may then have to go to CFB Borden to the Forces SChool of music after finishing there he maybe posted to either Halifax N.S. or Ottawa Ont Vancover B.C. and I think Manitoba..could be other places I am not quite sure. LOLOL hey if you think it's old at ST.FX you surly wouldn't want to go to Manitoba......Best of Luck........Auggy

5. eisprl

eisprl Mezzo Piano User

Sep 26, 2004
    Halifax, NS CANADA
    Hey

There are six possible bands that I could be posted to. Halifax, NS - Quebec City, Quebec - Ottawa, Ontario - Winnipeg, Manitoba - Edmonton, Alberta - Victoria, British Columbia.

Having already done my basic training through the reserves as well as my leadership course last summer and after taking my Sergeants qualifications last month through the band that I play with (in my display pic) I am alllll trained. I have my degree as of this past May. All I had to do was to pass an audition and then show up whenever they give me the call. To get this job right out of school would be a dream come true.

6. Tootsall

Tootsall Fortissimo User

Oct 25, 2003
    Yee HAW!
    Except you just MIGHT not be "available" come the first week of June '08!

7. ptynan

ptynan Pianissimo User

Sep 13, 2005
    Antigonish, NS

Auggy,

No joke, I am the trumpet Prof. at St. FX. We sure need a new music building!! Do you play in Laura Mercer's second wind band in Sydney? It's for come back players and sometime she imports pros to fill out the sections....If you are intrested I could put you in contact with her.

PT

8. Auggy62

Auggy62 New Friend

Mar 23, 2006
    New Brunswick,Canada
    Hi Paul:)
    Welcome to Nova SCotia. I play with the secondwind Band already,Thanks for the offer.If things go as planned you may see me up at ST.FX Oct 2007. It has always been my dream to get my music degree,We'll just see what the next year brings.Laura's a grat person, she really knows her stuff

Best regards

Auggy

9. Eclipsehornplayer

Eclipsehornplayer Forte User

Sep 14, 2005
    Metro Detroit
    Congrats Eric....

Tear it up; no doubt you earned it! :cool: