My Buzz is Gone :(

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by GideonRichter, Nov 12, 2011.

1. mike ansberry

mike ansberry Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Clarksville, Tennessee, U
    And by the way, thanks Rusty!!! ;-)

2. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Man, I hope you are talking about your trumpet!

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Wow, it took an act of God through the Pope (and the economy) to bring him out, but HE LIVES! Kingtrumpet LIVES!

4. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    The OP did mention endurance as an issue, but, the main point is he can't buzz properly (whatever that means). Lack of endurance is a sign of a weak embouchure. Since the embouchure must buzz to produce the wave, buzzing seems to be the OP's big concern. The OP also says the "buzz is gone". Can "we" as a trumpet community fix this issue over a forum? Probably not right away but through trial and error and various suggestions from "us" at TM, the OP could get a start in the right direction. To the OP, I would advise you play simple things and do scales, long tones, lip slurs, etc. . Many players that have endurance problems have them because they don't practice enough OR properly. Keep a mpc in your pocket and play it whenever you get the chance and you won't annoy a bunch of folks. The biggest thing is to not get discouraged and quit.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    But of course! What else could I bee talking about (get it,... bee;buzz). ROFL

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    helllooooo........... hey OP where did you go????? ROFL
    Hey man ----- to buzz or not to buzz ----- how long do you practice? -- do you practice long soft notes (in the staff)? where did you go???? ROFL helllooooo ROFL

7. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    KINGTRUMPET contracted "angular chelitis" initiated by sunburned lips (actinol Chelitis?) oh gee, I am not the doctor here. So Kingtrumpet lives, but had nothing to say for awhile, as he couldn't play the horn very well -- but after 2 months of being "cured" -- I am back at it again -- KINGTRUMPET rules.
    ROFL ROFL

8. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Due you have a list of those Kingtrumpet rules, Kingtrumpet?

9. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Ahh, Ted; They would be:

1) Disparage gmonady comments relentlessly
    2) Display social ineptitude regarding Australian Culture
    3) Demonstrate social awkwardness regarding the opposite sex (still trying to figure out which one that would be as it relates to Kingtrumpet)
    4) Relentlessly push the Asymmetric Mouthpiece
    5) Display pure fantasy regarding the Silver Flair King Trumpet

Ah, did I leave any other rules out Ted?

AND IN STICKING WITH THE THEME OF THE THREAD: This is what we call the "buzz" regarding Kingtrumpet, and it is no longer GONE. It's back, oh baby, the Kingtrumpet buzz is back.

Moderators for TM are now once again in the panic mode of monitoring the banter that ensues once Kingtrumpet Rules are deployed.

10. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Rule 6: Be nice to Aussies. ;)