My CD, jam session next Monday + plus a new NYTC axe

Discussion in 'TM Lounge' started by NickD, Jan 27, 2006.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

OK, folks, this may pertain more to those in the Chicago area, but you are all welomce to read, of course.

First: I have a new limited run horn from Felix Vayser and the New York Trumpet Company. It is a limited run axe that plays just about as good as my Stage 1 California, but for MUCH less bread ($1500)! There are only 15 of 'em, so you'll need to get 'em while they're hot. I have a raw brass model and I've used it on several gigs and it plays VERY easily with a lovely sound. I have let some other players use it, and I have an awful time getting it back!

Second: JAM SESSION next Monday! This will be at Bill's Blues in Evanston. The music starts at 8:30 and the sittin' in starts at 9:30. COME ON OUT AND PLAY! I'll have the limited edition NYTC axe there so you can play it, if you wish!

Bill's Blues is on Davis Street one block EAST of Ridge in dontown Evanston - very nice neighborhood bar. Sorry, you must be 21 to come on in. There's no cover no minimum, even if you just want to come in and listen

Third: My CD is done! I've signed off on the master. I've approved my artwork with my artist and have the art disk. The order will be officially placed by 2/1 (the amount of time I expect SNJ CD Replication to take to turn around the PDF approval form).

You can hear the mastered tracks at my music site for free.

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/NickDrozdoff.ASP

I have a clinic and concert coming up. The clinic will be on 2/16 at Glenbard North High School during the school day. The concert will be at Glenbard North on 2/24 in the evening. This is a performace for the Carol Stream Arts council and will feature my quintet. As it turns out, this will be a CD release concert! I expect the first shipment before then.

Please feel free to drop by my site and listen. PLEASE drop by Bill's Blues and sit in next Monday night (1/30). I'd be so pleased to meet you.

That's it for now.

Gotta run.

Peace.