My children didn't choose trumpet...

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Dupac, Apr 22, 2009.

1. gcast

gcast New Friend

Apr 12, 2009
    I have a daughter and son that are a year apart. My wife and I were band geeks so we thought that naturally, they were going to be also. I leanded them pretty hard toward trumpt but did give them the option to change. My daughter is justfinishing up her first year in high school and absolutely loved it and my son will be joining her in HS next year and is super pcyched about it as well. Luckily, they never took us up on the option of changing instruments, so now they are stuck. Seeing them have so much fun playing and my wife and I being very active in the band boosters has even gotten me off the fence and a horn back in my hands. My son and I joined a local band and are have a heck of a great time playing together. My next move is to put a parent / child band together with our high school band. We'll see if we can pull it off!

2. aerotim13

aerotim13 New Friend

Apr 24, 2009
    Rolla, Missouri
    We did something like that once, more of the parents and less of the children, though. We affectionately called it the "Dads Band." I was surprised at which people showed up to play, and the band was very good, it was neat

3. gcast

gcast New Friend

Apr 12, 2009
    Very cool MG You are very lucky!!