My Dad's old Arigra

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by DannyBoy, Aug 10, 2008.

1. DannyBoy

DannyBoy New Friend

Aug 10, 2008
    My dad gave me an Arigra trumpet he used when he was 10, that supposedly bought from a retired trumpeter from the Tel Aviv orchestra. Can anyone help me with a ballpark value so I can attempt to sell it?

Thanks!
    DannyBoy

2. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    No chance with that minimal info.

If you have no idea about trumpet in general, we really can't offer much of anything. We do not know if the valves are tight, the brass is rotted, the horn is only original parts, if it is reasonably in tune, etc.

That is not a brand that is sought after, so you may be lucky if anyone wants to buy it at all.

In your case, I would go to an instrument repair shop and let them look at it.

3. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.
    I have owned 2 Arigra silver plated trumpets. I sold both because of their shrill tone. I am not saying just bright, brilliant, or even incandesant. Those things were shrill. I could find no usage for them in any ensemble because of their shreaky tone that did not blend in any way with the ensembles that I was playing in. The multi sided bell tube and bell probably was the reason for this shrill tone.

I sold both of them, vowing never to buy another. The prices I got were for horns in excellent cosmetic and physical condition. The first one had no case, so, I sold it in an Olds case for $185.00. The second one was a complete kit, with the original mouthpiece, original case, and original cleaning rod. I made the mistake of letting the only prospective customer to show up for it to test play it for a week. I only got $225.00 for it. By the way, I had a BUNCH more invested in both of those old horns than what I got out of them. Not a good way to get independantly wealthy at an early age.

OLDLOU>>

4. stchasking

stchasking Forte User

Jun 11, 2006
    Perfect for the marching arts.

5. DannyBoy

DannyBoy New Friend

Aug 10, 2008
    I'm willing to send pictures if that will help my situation.... anyone interested? I know it's silver plated, and I know that the mouthpiece isn't original.....

6. wim0001

wim0001 New Friend

Jul 19, 2009
    The Netherlands
    An old thread, nevertheless....
    A lot of vintage trumpets circulate all over the world, is this the same one as mentioned at the site Home Page (August 2009)? If not, you have some more information about "a" price $ 275 and the maker, agrila: Anton Riedl, Graslitz (already to be read at this site). I also see a 1925 agrila at the site rugs-n-relics.com, not for sale, with hectagonal shaped valve casings. It seems that Mr. Riedl had the same idea a few years before Conn (Vocabell), unless the year 1925 is not correct of course:dontknow: