My Embouchure Change

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nikv, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    All right i see... yes... i understand that there is more to trumpet playing than high notes... however, i think that some one who played SO extensively to the point where they could actually play double d's would be able to show consistency, mainly because playing in the stratosphere is a skill aquired through practice, and not need to go through a change... i said that because i dont think you could ever play double d's, i was being sarcastic, dont get me wrong, part of me said, "maybe this isnt some freshman trumpet player who is just trolling around looking for a rise and wanting to show off while he get answers to his questions like, Quote "Because I don't want to start another high register thread,
    I'll ask my question here.

Just curious:
    Does anyone ever have it happen where when you're playing in the high range, all of the sudden it seems to drop out, and produce this squeaky, airy tone?" unquote... " but apparently i was wrong because you actually used the word douchebag in you post wtg... tell us when your hitting those double Ds again:D

oh way to change the post...

2. ltg_trumpet

ltg_trumpet Mezzo Piano User

Jan 21, 2009
    oh, and yes... i read your post... before you edited it...

3. Bachstul

Bachstul Mezzo Forte User

Jan 25, 2009
    10-90 ...not good. 75-25 doesn't sound good either, but, as far as advice o'er the internet, play what is "comfy". we all have different thumbprints, y'know?

4. Nikv

Nikv Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2009
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I just needed to get some anger out. Then I realized it was a very childish post, and so I changed it immediately.

I really was not joking. I did play those notes. The rest of my playing was suffering. I really didn't come in here expecting to find people giving me such a hard time about something I really didn't even come here to discuss.

I'm not your average stupid highschool trumpet player.
    I may be a dumb teenager, but music is my life. It's what I wake up and think about. It's what I want to do.

Yes. I now have trouble with my high register, it's a pain. But I sound a lot better, and it's coming back fast.

I'm sorry I ever actually posted that angry stuff. I'm just tired of people not believing me...

5. Nikv

Nikv Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2009
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I've heard that before, but my trumpet teacher is a master of fundamentals.
    He essentially placed my embouchure, although I adjusted to comfortability, he told me it should be around 75-25.

I sound better than ever! :-)

6. Bachstul

Jan 25, 2009

This leads to a thread I wanted to post.......

play where it's right, and ya got a teacher helping you, he can help more than we can.

7. Nikv

Nikv Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2009
    Santa Barbara, CA
    I know. :D

I just like hearing other people's stories too, you know?

8. Bachstul

Jan 25, 2009
    Yea, but, when I think of story, I think of Jessica Alba.:cool:

Mybe we can get our trumpets in action scenes movie poster team to get to work on this one??????:oops:

Again, that's Jessica Alba

I promise ++feedback!

9. Nikv

Nikv Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2009
    Santa Barbara, CA
    You'll have to help me with this one. I know nothing about pop culture... Hahahaha. :-P

10. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Sounds like BS to me. When I say play, then I mean PLAY. Just squeaking out some stuff without any semblance of music is not playing.

Just moving the mouthpiece on the lips is also not an embouchure change. This thread is like so many when school lets out. Not one mention of music, just misc. BS.

I do not worry about the time that you put in. The ridiculous claims about time and range do not impress. Why can't we just deal with the truth. It would probably help more.

Double D, victim, 5.5 Hours (I guess this is between 3.5 and 8 hours), orchestral, right. :thumbdown:

Last edited: Jul 13, 2009