My Embouchure Change

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Nikv, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Nikv

Nikv Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2009
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Thank you so much.
    Actually my teacher isn't the greatest player- but the greatest teacher.
    He went through the same embouchure change I did, but he didn't figure out it was a problem until he was through college!
    So he knows my situation exactly. :-)

My teacher says he is very proud that I was able to make this complete change in under a year, and that I should try to understand what I have accomplished.

I found that learning to "flow, don't blow" through the trumpet, and playing from the Buzzing Book everyday, have been key in fixing my problems.

Thanks again, for your positive response. :-)
    Nik

P.S. I happen to be located in Santa Barbara.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  2. hichez

hichez Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2009
    NikV if your teacher isn't the greatest player are you sure this is the best decision. Im am certainly not trying to discourage you ,but if you don't feel like the change is going to work and you continue down the road you might find yourself in a worse situation. But it seems like you trust him and he know exactly what your embrochue looks like so I would trust him.

Although my situation is different than yours considering im wearing braces. I wish you luck.

3. Nikv

Nikv Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2009
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Haha, no he sounds wonderful. He is a good player. By not the greatest player, I mean he doesn't have a job in the LA Phil or as a commercial player in LA.
    But he knows virtually everything about trumpet, and he taught a good friend of mine, who is a phenomenal trumpet player who will be returning to his second year of college at UCLA this fall.

4. hichez

hichez Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2009
    Of coursehe doesn't have a big time job he's a college student.ROFL:roll:. Im sure all college student aren't the same but I use to take lessons with a college student It wasn't a good expirence for me.

5. Nikv

Nikv Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2009
    Santa Barbara, CA
    No, you don't understand. MY FRIEND is a college student. MY TEACHER is 40 years old at least, and has a job with the local orchestra, etc.

Please read my posts thoroughly before making a judgment like that.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  6. hichez

hichez Pianissimo User

Jul 13, 2009
    oh ok.