My First Solo with an Orchestra in Concert

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by John Heckathorn, Dec 17, 2005.

1. John Heckathorn

John Heckathorn New Friend

Jun 9, 2005
    Hi everybody. I am a Senior in HS, and I play in our Symphony Orchestra here at our school. I recently played A Trumpeter's Lullaby by Leroy Anderson, and it was sweet. I've never done a solo with Orchestra accompiament, and it was an awesome experience. In the next week, the orchestra will be touring around, playing at different schools in the system. I can't wait. I'll be playing it on the "tour" also. Playing it in front of hundreds of people the first time was a little nerve-wracking, but once I got focused, and into the playing, I just had fun with it, and just played my best. I'm no awesome professional player, but I got alot of compliments from the audience, and I was surprised, because I've never considered myself as that good, but I'm always too critical of my playing. And I can never hear myself out in front, so I never really know how I sound live. But, I had alot of fun, and I'm glad my director asked me to play it. It was a great experience. I just thought I'd share.

-Thanks

2. Bugler997

Bugler997 Pianissimo User

Mar 22, 2005
    VA
    Nice.

I take it the director let you out front, rather than sitting with the other trumpets?

3. ChasStarr

ChasStarr Pianissimo User

Feb 22, 2004
    NE Louisiana
    Congrats! Anyone who lays it out there for all to hear deserves cred. The more you do it, the easier it will become and the more fun you'll have. Keep us posted!

4. John Heckathorn

John Heckathorn New Friend

Jun 9, 2005
    yeah, I was out in front of the orchestra