My last concert

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by oldlou, May 6, 2012.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Years ago there was an article about auditioning the worlds greatest speakers. Anthony H. Cordesman said something to the effect: It isn't he that got to audition the best that wins, it is he that got to ENJOY the music longest.

In this respect, my wish is that you enter this new phase of your life with the knowledge that you enjoyed and will continue to enjoy longest. There are non-playing functions in your local band, and I know that people like you have always been a great inspiration to me. Please stay in touch. There are simply so many things that can't replace experience!

2. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    Hi Lou,

I am really sad to hear that your health issues have caused you to give up the Concert Band. I still look forward to hearing your words of wisdom on the forum, and the good stories.

All the very best,
    Peter

3. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Long ago I was a pilot. One day, for health reasons, I had to stop permanently. But since I still consider myself a member of the family of aviators. I think it is even more true for the family of trumpet players: you are one of the beloved members of our family, and you will remain forever, no matter what happens.
    Mikel, from overseas. :grouphug:

4. edfitzvb

edfitzvb Forte User

Jun 10, 2008
    Woodlawn, VA
    Everything has been said so eloquently already that I don't know if I could improve on it. You are and always will be a valued resource and a "first-call" for the many questions that I seem to have. I always read your posts with more interest than those of some others here. I look forward to reading many more.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    Sorry to hear you have to hang it up. I've always enjoyed your posts and like the others, hope you will continue with us at TM.

6. vntgbrslvr

vntgbrslvr Piano User

Oct 10, 2008
    Waukesha, Wisconsin
    Been away a while and I come back to this sad news......

Sorry to hear this Lou......

I watched my two grade school aged daughters in their last concert band performance of the season Saturday night.

Hoping music lives in them for their lives like it has with you.

Please keep posting......while you can't continue playing, you can continue teaching.

Brian

7. Darten

Darten Mezzo Piano User

Dec 21, 2009
    New York City
    lou,

I wish you all the best. And we are the losers in the music world, not you.

8. phittle

phittle Pianissimo User

May 9, 2008
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Never stop posting here. You have a wealth of information to share gained through experience, which is priceless! Good luck with the health issues.

9. Phil986

Phil986 Forte User

Nov 16, 2009
    Near Portland, OR.
    Come over to the States, Mikel, and I'll be glad to take you up for a Bird's eye view of the great Pacific Northwest :-)

10. Richard Oliver

Richard Oliver Forte User

Jul 18, 2006
    Casper, WY
    Yes, Lou. Echoing all that has been said. Please stay with us at TM.