My last concert

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by oldlou, May 6, 2012.

1. Wondra

Wondra Pianissimo User

Mar 29, 2007
    I also hope the best for you, Lou. Congratulations on many years of music!

2. veery715

veery715 Utimate User

Mar 6, 2007
    Ithaca NY
    Words don't suffice, Lou! God bless you and all that you are and will yet be. Please stay on this side of the grass for a long, long time and stay in touch with us, your trumpet family on TM.

3. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    Oldlou PM me with a list of medications you are on for heart failure. I have much success at fine tuning heart muscle to buy back ejection fraction. Perhaps on a review, I might recommend some changes to your current medications that can make this happen. If you have additional cardiac history and just as important, if you know your recent cardiac echo results, send that information in as well.

I must use this disclamer that TM is not a secure site, and that sending personal medical information as I requested has the risk of potential for a non-authorized indivual to intercept such information.

4. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Stay with us, Lou. We need your knowledge:oops:

5. Pete Anderson

Pete Anderson Pianissimo User

Feb 27, 2008
    Could you switch to percussion or some other instrument that is less physically demanding? Change the title to, "My last concert on trumpet" but don't stop playing music!

6. oldlou

oldlou Forte User

Aug 28, 2005
    Grand Rapids, Mi.

I gratefully recieved your offer, but, one of my section mates in the band that I played with yesterday is Dr. Larry Robson, retired cardio vascular surgeon of world renoun and a very close friend. After playing a rehearsal before the concert I walked up the auditorium aisle,( about 100 feet), caught the elevator down to the mens room where Larry caught up with me, gasping for breath. He checked my pulse and declared that I had simply overexerted myself. I think that he can probably do as much for me as any other cardiologist.

For those who wished that I enjoyed playing that concert, I had just as much enjoyment yesterday as I have ever had, the high point being the look on the face of the 8 year old daughter of one of my section mates when I presented an almost pristine Getzen 80 Deluxe cornet that she was instructed was to be her horn, not her mommy or daddies horn, that she could start learning on when her permanent incisors are in and the dentist says she might start. That makes 9 trumpets and cornets that I have donated to members of that band or, their children. Needless to say, I had a fine day. Those above the staff notes in Pirates Of The Caribean and the double tounging in the Beetles medly were a snap.

OLDLOU>>

patkins likes this.
  7. Dave Hughes

Dave Hughes Mezzo Forte User

Oct 19, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Lou, I hope it was a great one.

8. jladams

jladams New Friend

Sep 5, 2010
    Georgia, USA
    This is very sad news. I hope that you will continue to enjoy your music for a long time to come, and that your health improves. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

9. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    Very sorry to hear that. Remember all the good times fondly.

10. Dave Mickley

Dave Mickley Forte User

Nov 11, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Lou - your wealth of knowledge is needed here. I am reaching the age where I can see putting up my electra glide and then a few years later my horn. a big Thank You for the times you have shared with us and we are all looking for many years of your future contributions here on TM.