My Lesson with Jerome Callet

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ScreaminRaider, Jul 16, 2005.

1. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Hello all,

Friday, I had a lesson with Jerome Callet. It was an amazing experience. I had always heard of is methods, but wasn't sure wether they would work for me. I have tried many diferent ones, but nothing seems to fit me. This one did. When I changed my ebouchure around, I got immediate results. I thought I was getting a full sound before, but after about 20 minutes with Mr. Callet, I had a sound that I thought wasn't possible. I highly recommend that you give this one a shot. He gives lessons over the phone if you aren't in the area. It was truly a great experience, and he is a very very nice guy.

*tried to upload a photo, but wouldn't work....ah well, no one wants to see my ugly mug :D

2. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    What do you mean by "in the area?" I'm pretty flexible as far as driving amounts go, and Lord knows I need to get away from here for a little bit anyway.

3. Bear

Bear Forte User

Apr 30, 2004
    USA
    I believe "in the area" means NorthEast coast... Boston area I think. Anyways, Jon, you thinkin' about transferrin' to the Superchops method now? Call me and tell me about it.

4. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    Jerome Callet is actually in New York,Staten Island.
    Great guy,a teacher and a personal friend.
    His studio is about 20 min.drive from my shop in Brooklyn.
    Highly recommed at least to give him a call.

Felix

5. bigaggietrumpet

bigaggietrumpet Mezzo Forte User

Jan 23, 2004
    Nazareth, PA
    Sounds like a great trip idea. Stop by Callet for a lesson, then practice it on the superb horns at NYTC. Shame I've got class solid for the rest of the summer...

6. NYTC

NYTC Forte User

Nov 1, 2004
    Brooklyn,NY
    hey Michael,
    There is also winter and spring :D
    I am sure that we are not going anywhere any time son :D
    Any time you are in New York,you are more than welcome.

Felix

7. ScreaminRaider

ScreaminRaider Piano User

Apr 22, 2004
    San Antonio, Tx
    Yeah, I wish I would've had time to stop by NYTC, but we had to get going down the road.