My Letter to Mouthpiece Express- Hope you enjoy my sense of humur

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ozboy, Dec 20, 2014.

1. Peter McNeill

Peter McNeill Utimate User

Jan 30, 2009
    Melbourne Australia
    And he knows you're a trumpeter?

The side that takes extreme pleasure in inflicting pain to the ears of the Clarinet players sitting in front, or blasting loudly when it is the Vocal Solo to overpower the mic, or emptying the spit valve next to the trombonist, or worse dropping it where the percussionists have to walk. Having a smile while laying waste to the wood-winds...

So he has worked out you are goal oriented, stubborn, aggressive, gregarious, confident, competitive and talk a killer language - Got your axe with you? Chops? Murder the DHC.

Then you have your dark side - yep he knows you.

2. tjcombo

tjcombo Mezzo Forte User

Nov 12, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    Good luck Tim. Like Stuart I've had good service from that supplier on the two occasions I've purchased from them.

ozboy likes this.
  3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    I'm not sure what that post (OP) is supposed to accomplish.

4. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Look within, my dear Joda. The answer to your question is inside us all.

5. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Doesn't answer my question.

6. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Didn't realise that there was a prerequisite for posts to 'accomplish' anything on this site. I will search for the Mission Statement directly.

7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Unfortunately, this is a common theme with Mouthpiece Express. This forum is littered with similar threads.

They seem to difficulty resolving problems. And when a problem comes up, they seem to question the honesty of the customer.

It's unfortunate. I'm sure they are good people. But they seem to have trouble trusting people and resolving problems.

I hope everything works out for the OP in the Land of Oz.

Mike

ozboy likes this.
  8. jiarby

jiarby Fortissimo User

May 7, 2011
    Arizona
    Even though you may feel justified to me the negative energy you are generating is more detrimental than losing a little money. These people have phone numbers and a process for dealing with errors that happen.

Hope you get your mpc... But if you don't then just dispute the charge with your credit card company and buy somewhere else.

9. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    .I wrote the letter tongue in cheek as I could not get a response any other way. It is funny that when you write the usual " I don't want to trouble you but....." you are ignored but when you write something left field you get an answer. My guess is that I will neither see my money or my caps. Maybe it is meant to be. Maybe the caps would have done nothing for me.
    I have been a member of this site for about 7 years and had basically stopped commenting or posting as there is a small number of people who, in my opinion, want to take moral higher ground and proselytize and espouse their superior intellect and knowledge. there are a number of posts that get personal. I was just writing something light for fun.

10. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Nothing wrong with a little tongue-in-cheek venting. And I think for most companies, a phone call or disputing the credit card charge (as jiarby correctly suggested) would work. But it doesn't always work.

When I had my problem with them, they wouldn't answer the phone or my emails. I finally called Lisa through Star City Music, their "brick-and-mortar" counterpart. We had a polite conversation for about 30 seconds. As soon as she realized it was me, she hung up on me in mid-sentence. And then, she wouldn't answer the Start City Music phone the rest of the day.

After I disputed my PayPal charge, she acknowledge the problem, and sent me an email. In her email, she said she would not send me the product, and she would not refund my money either. She added that since I disputed the charge through PayPal, I should ask PayPal to give me my money back, because she would not. I sent her email to PayPal. Within an hour, she refunded my money.

Probably the best advice.

Mike