My Letter to Mouthpiece Express- Hope you enjoy my sense of humur

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by ozboy, Dec 20, 2014.

1. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Thanks Trumpet MD. I fear, as this ordeal has stretched over 4 months, that my money is well and truly gone.

2. drmctchr

drmctchr Pianissimo User

Mar 19, 2012
    ozboy ... I appreciate your "tongue in cheek" comments. After, you had already tried the "tongue in check" method with no satisfaction. Your story reminded me of the experience of a co-worker I had in Alaska some 40 years ago. He had ordered parts for a sailing canoe and had been through many experiences of being ignored. Finally he sent a bouquet of flowers with an accompanying sympathy card referencing the shipping clerk who must have died. The parts soon arrived.

ozboy likes this.
  3. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    (self-deleted. not worth it.)

4. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    220 years to run the 120 km between Seix and Toulouse: believe me, you Americans and Australians are not ready to do worse than the famous French Post! ROFL

And this road goes constantly downhill, from the mountain to the plain: imagine if it had been the other way! ROFL ROFL

5. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    There are drugs for this as proven during every Tour de France..............

Dupac likes this.
  6. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Last news:

A postcard sent to a French lady 90 years ago has just been given to his nephew.
    From Angoulême to Voulgezac this postcard has traveled only 20 km...

Who claims to beat the French Post Office?

7. Dupac

Dupac Fortissimo User

Aug 19, 2008
    Bordeaux, France.
    Edit: her, not his !!!

8. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Happy and not so happy ending to this little saga. They refunded my money but closed my account. Can see both sides of the story. They are sure they sent it. I am sure I didn't get it. Shame really as they have some good stuff that is hard to procure in OZ.

9. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    Are yo9u sure the packet got to Australia and not to Austria? The reverse happens to me whenever I order stuff from Ireland...

10. barliman2001

barliman2001 Fortissimo User

Jul 5, 2010
    Vienna, Austria, Europe
    That French postcard travelled at a speed of more than 6 centimetres per day... slow, but beatable: The town of Passau in Germany sent me a bill for amenities in June 1994. The bill arrived in December 2014, more than ten years after I had moved away from the address. The guy now living there forwarded it to me. And you know, the post office where the letter was posted is just two hundred and fifty metres from the address - so whoever posted it could have delivered it by hand. So it took more than twenty years to cover a total of 400 metres... equalling less than 5 centimetres per day! You might say, in a parody of an old saying: An inch a day keeps the postman away...
    That's not even snail mail - that's glacier speed!