My music room

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Mar 16, 2013.

1. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    [​IMG]

Guitars, basses, amps, a double bass, a keyboard, a bunch of cases, a couple of trumpets, a cornet (not shown), and some ukuleles.

What does your music room/practice space look like?

2. mush-mouth

mush-mouth Pianissimo User

Aug 3, 2009
    "What does your music room/practice space look like?"

...not that nice, that's for sure. Great set-up!

I got a small space with a classical guitar, cheapo electric guitar, modelling amp, microphone, laptop, music stand, armless swivel chair (with great lumbar support) and of course the trumpets. I take comfort in the fact that the entire set-up could easily fit in a standard prison "accommodation" with space to spare should I find myself incarcerated at some point in the future.

I see you have the Hercules folding music stand with the yellow ..thing where the legs fold up. Did one of the adjustable springy things that hold the music pages down flat fall out on yours? Mine did and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it back. Wouldn't be a big deal but it's apparently always windy where I am. I mean wherever I am, like a breeze is always following me around.

3. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nope they haven't fallen off. I wish they would. They are always in the way since they don't just fold nicely flat. I have thought of cutting them off. :evil:

4. VetPsychWars

VetPsychWars Fortissimo User

Nov 8, 2006
    Greenfield WI
    Nice. I practice in a storage room in the basement of the building I work in.

Tom

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    Not so nice. Food wrappers and occasional bits of clothing left behind by transient guests. KT free though.

6. Dale Proctor

Dale Proctor Utimate User

Jul 20, 2006
    Heart of Dixie
    My music room looks a lot like my spare bedroom...in addition to the other furniture, there's a chair, Manhasset stand, and a big stack of trumpet and cornet cases in the corner, along with a few boxes of old music and trumpet catalogs.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2013
  7. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Nice practice room!

I no longer have a practice space. :cry:

During the work week, about have of my practice is done in my car at work. The rest of my practicing is done at home in any empty room I can find.

Mike

8. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    I have just bought a house that I am moving into that has a soundproof music room that is about 40m2 with a mirror ball and a dance floor. Beat that!

9. misty.sj

misty.sj Forte User

Jan 27, 2008
    Brisbane, Australia
    Wow! Someone needs to link to some disco trumpet now!

10. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    It'll have to be Hooked on Classics 24/7

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013