My music room

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Mar 16, 2013.

1. mctrumpet98

mctrumpet98 Pianissimo User

Sep 29, 2011
    Down Under
    Forever and always in the bedroom.

2. Kendall

Kendall Piano User

Jan 21, 2013
    UK
    [​IMG]

This is mine.............. 2 tenor horns. 2 flugels, 2 cornets, one trumpet, one ukele, one guitar, one (horrifically out of tune) piano (sounds like it should be in a ye olde wild west saloon!) and a keyboard.................... Please excuse the carpet!!!!

3. CornetBoy

CornetBoy Pianissimo User

Sep 21, 2012
    That is some nice music room! i would love to get my hands on all those instruments :lol:

4. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Not housebroken, eh?

5. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    The carpet is great! Used to practice free improvisation back in the day with friends by playing what we read into carpets.

[​IMG]

6. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    IMO it is seldom a piano (or a harpsichord) is in tune unless it has just been tuned where it sits within an hour of performance.

To be "authentic" ye olde wild west saloon piano should have a cracked sound board having been delivered on a buckboard wagon and a minimum of three bullet holes in it, each breaking the strings of a note. Too, that old mongrel dog has chewed on at least 20 ivory keys (they are bone).Forgot to say it, but the players seat is a whiskey keg. Too, the music is an excerpt from Orpheus in The Underworld by Offenbach as isn't the music of the U.S. Marine hymn. Oh yes, the double whiskey glass (lo ball) sitting to the left of the keys wasn't to collect coins, but gratuitous refills.

Finding a competent piano tech-tuner is yet another search in the night without a hand lantern (they didn't have flashlights in the old wild West era in the U.S.).

What is the name of the song the piano player attempted to play?

7. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    The sound track to Saturday Night Fever.

8. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    That would be the Infernal Galop.

9. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    uhm ---- NO -- your music room, where ALL OF THE GREAT STUFF IS TAKING SHAPE, just happens to double as a storage room --- keep the CORRECT PERSPECTIVE!!!! -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

10. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    only cause you keep changing the locks!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL