My music room

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by misty.sj, Mar 16, 2013.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    My music room is my whole house --- and I must admit, SOMEONE should vacuum the place, and take care of the junk mail for the last year!!!! Someone should put some drapes on the windows, and fix the ceiling (it is currently a traditional "unfinished ceiling with plastice vapor barrier covering the Owens Corning Pink fiberglass insulation) ------- OH, OH, OH, wait a minute, I live alone -------------------------uhg, nobody is coming by to clean for me!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL that being said my music room is the whole house (and my barn, the yard, actually whereever I want to play) -----

I have 1 Eb alto horn, 2 cornets, 1 Fluglehorn, 9 Bb trumpets, and 2 Bb trombones scattered around the house -----and I have 1 out of tune piano that I inherited like 15 years ago when my grandmother passed --- a piano, that I do not play, but I am keeping it ---- so where-ever I am, I can pick up a horn, and play even for 5 minutes here and there -----

I am KT -- there is no room for organization in my life!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. larry tscharner

larry tscharner Forte User

Apr 30, 2010
    dubuque iowa
    Yes, I hae a music room too. Its an abandoned bedroom that is just the right size, but without carpet or any other soft surfaces, its too echo-y to be pleasant. I built some sound pannels and hung two nice afgans on the walls and it is almost right. Needs a little more. I have a violin, two flutes, a guitar and four trumpets. Im looking to get a bagpipes given to me, I certainly wouldnt buy one of the infernal things. Its a work in progress. I have some musical artwork and need a table of the right size to put my trumpet cases on. I may have to build one, custom made...cool.

Yours looks fantastic Misty! Best wishes.

3. harleyt26

harleyt26 Mezzo Forte User

Dec 9, 2009
    Summerfield,Fl.
    I have a small karate school in my back yard. 15'x30' a great open space, seperate from the house so I don't get grief from my family. But the hardwood floors and mirrors on the walls are not very acustically friendly. But it is really nice to have a place to practice anytime, day or night.

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    lips on - lips off, breath in - breath out, "breathing is important" says Mr. Myagi!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

5. Buck with a Bach

Buck with a Bach Fortissimo User

Dec 29, 2009
    Canton, Ohio
    Don't have a dedicated room, have to practice in the living room.There is a half working organ in it as well:roll::oops::cool:

6. Conntribution

Conntribution Fortissimo User

Dec 25, 2010
    Lloyd Harbor NY.
    Please...keep it clean. There are ladies and children present.

7. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    [​IMG]

This is a small corner of my music room - it includes a Queen sized Bed, Dressing Table, Sewing Machine c/w ALL the accessories, a TV on the wall and, as you can see a wardrobe mute assembly.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Bounce those multi colored strobelights off the mirrowed ball and play the Soundtrack to Saturday Night Fever by the BeeGees.

9. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    Sorry. Upload failure

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  10. ozboy

ozboy Mezzo Forte User

Jan 17, 2007
    Australia
    http://[​IMG]
    Here it is prior to purchase. Complete with mirror ball and dance floor. The Gretsch drum kit will be replaced by my son's Pearl Export. The Michael Jackson/Bee Gees/ Beatles will be replaced by some photos of Miles Davis that were given to me from his personal photographer. They are from a roll of film that had never been developed. My computer, stereo, piano and horns should just about fill it up. What can I say. I will be in heaven.

misty.sj likes this.