My New Book on Trumpets in the Bible

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Jfrancis, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    Folks, I am not trying to shill products on this site. However, I will simply mention that I have a new self-published book out titled, "Sound the Trumpet". This is a comprehensive look at trumpets in Scripture. You can read more, preview and purchase at the following link.

Sound the Trumpet | By John L. Francis | Category: Religion & Spirituality | Blurb

Thank you, and I hope not to offend in a shameless plug.

2. TrumpetMD

TrumpetMD Fortissimo User

Oct 22, 2008
    Maryland
    Congratulations!

3. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    John,
    how about a little more info about the content. Just a collection of the versus with trumpet or do you include critical annotations?

4. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
  5. Myszolow

Myszolow Pianissimo User

Apr 23, 2011
    Congratulations. Sounds very interesting John. Are you planning an electronic version?

For Europeans, shipping from the US will probably cost as much or more than the book itself. (I publish ebooks as passworded PDF files).

6. Jfrancis

Jfrancis Pianissimo User

Jul 19, 2008
    Hannibal, MO
    There is an e-version in the works, but not as quick as I'd like it. As far as contents of the book go, there are 142 implied/direct mentions of the trumpet. In this book, I have written on most every one of them - tying them together in the fact that the trumpet is a representation of the Voice of God to issue a call to his people for gathering, war or repentance. Also, all 142 mentions are cataloged in the back of the book for easy reference.

Other chapters include:

*Rosh Hashanah
    *The War Trumpeter
    *Did Gabriel Play the Trumpet
    *The Seven Trumpets of the Tribulation
    *The trumpet Silenced
    . . . and more

There is a 15 page preview containing the entire table of contents at this site:
    Sound the Trumpet | By John L. Francis | Category: Religion & Spirituality | Blurb

The book is 11.95 + shipping

Blessings

7. MTROSTER

MTROSTER Piano User

Jan 25, 2007
    Canada
    Yes, congratulations. It does indeed sound like a very interesting book about a subject that everyone is remotely familiar with, but knows little about.:-)