My New Monette B6

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BPinard, Sep 14, 2005.

1. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Success is measured in months not days. When we change mouthpieces, we are changing the geometry of how our chops work. That can take time!

The justification for an expensive mouthpiece is:

it is for the rest of your life - like a good watch or WEDDING RING

they are not mass produced and each one is play tested before shipment - like a good watch or WEDDING RING

it works (unlike some good watches or marriages...........)

If push comes to shove, you could think about the following remark:
    "Gee honey, you know how much I love you, but the trumpet was in my life first, and regardless, if you keep this up, it will be there afterwards........."

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  2. all state all the way

all state all the way New Friend

Oct 29, 2009
    hey i was just wondering what exactly is the difference between the monette b6 and monette b6 prana. k thanks cause i might be getting one for my b day also and i want to know if i should get a b6 or a b6 prana as u can tell i am kinda young only 14 but i do have a bach strad and i will be switching from a bach 3c mouthpiece. k thanks:D

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I know I'm cynical but something doesn't sound right and furthermore, this thread is ancient.

4. rowuk

rowuk Moderator Staff Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Germany
    Start with the standard B6. The switch is easier and it costs less. No trumpet player stays with one mouthpiece for their whole life so if you in 5 years are really hot, a new piece could change your perspective.

5. all state all the way

all state all the way New Friend

Oct 29, 2009
    kk thanks a ton:shock:

6. tptmusicaz

tptmusicaz Pianissimo User

Dec 12, 2006
    Arizona
    Congrats and Happy Birthday. My first Monette mpce was a Prana B6. I played on that mpce for 4 years and just recently switched to a bigger Prana mpce. If you've played on a Monette regular mpce and are switching to Prana, you may find it even easier to find the targets on your notes and just more fun to play. I never worked on non-Prana mpces but based off of Monette's website and my own discussions with Dave and Dean C. at the shop, the Prana mpces are even easier to play. I know I love the switch I just made for my regular mpce and a new lead mpce that I bought.

The main advice I have, don't try to switch back and forth between your old mpce and your B6. If you do have an acclimation period, switching back and forth will only mess with that and not allow you to fully get warmed up to your B6...it is a bigger mpce than a normal 3C that many people are used to.

James