My new Monette E flat

Discussion in 'Horns' started by B15M, Feb 14, 2004.

1. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    After a year of waiting I received my new E flat trumpet.

At first I didn't like it. It felt too tight in the upper register.
    It took me about a week to learn to play it.

Now I can't believe how good it is. Before I was playing on a Yamaha. The Yamaha has a nice sound but plays way out of tune.
    The Monette needs very little help staying in tune.

Now that I am used to it I can really make it sing.

2. nowherenearadouble

nowherenearadouble Pianissimo User

Nov 12, 2003
    Scotland
    Sounds like a good horn. I played a Taylor Eb last year and loved it!
    Alan

3. bgwbold

bgwbold New Friend

Jan 13, 2004
    What do you use your Ebs for?

4. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I play a lot of weddings and church stuff. I use it for concertos before the service. I am looking for new stuff to transpose if you know of any

5. bugler16

bugler16 Pianissimo User

Dec 14, 2003
    I use it for the Haydn, Hummel, and Neruda Concertos as well as Stravinsky's Pulcinella. I have also heard that some people use it for the solo in the Finale of Bartok's Concerto for Orchestra and Ein Heldenleben. Using it for really high orchestra parts makes sense because if it is written for C and you play it on Eb you get to play it a minor 3rd lower. I have also thought about using it for the second trumpet parts to some Bach pieces where all the parts are in D (down a half step on Eb) and the second parts are still pretty high. (two piccolos is just asking for trouble and a C just makes it even higher)

6. bgwbold

bgwbold New Friend

Jan 13, 2004
    I play in a civil war reinactment band. Believe it or now, there is a lot of music in that genre scored for Eb cornet along side the Bb section. I used a trumpet for a long time until I got a cornet.

Mike