My Personal Daily Routine

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Jul 7, 2008.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

FWIIW, I have posted my daily practice routine in response to a great many email questions I have received. Just go to Nick Drozdoff :: Home and hit the Online Lessons tab and scroll down towards the bottom. It is just under my FAQ link, but it's all there. The references are still at the bottom, below the new Daily Routine info.

I hope this can possibly help another horn player with a day gig who is struggling to find a way to keep it all together.

Peace.

Nick Drozdoff

2. NickD

NickD Forte User

Re: Essential Tunes List

I just added a list of 150 essential jazz tunes to know from memory to my Online Lessons page. This is a supplement to my Daily Routine Post. The list is at the bottom of the Online Lessons Page. There are a couple of explanatory paragraphs just above the actual list.

Nick Drozdoff :: Home Online Lessons Tab Bottom of Page under the references

Peace.

Nick

3. Whataguy!

Whataguy! Pianissimo User

Jan 16, 2004
    Osaka, Japan
    Re: Essential Tunes List

What a cool routine, Nick. I love the way you work with all of your instruments daily. Previously, my flugel was picked up whenever I felt like it, now I know it's got to be played every day.

4. Bach219

Bach219 Mezzo Piano User

Jun 25, 2008
    OH
    I was cruising your website yesterday and the day before yesterday and I was watching some of the video's, the Hi Gear Lo Gear. I tried with no success, but I'm not planning on giving up!

Your practice routine is crazy man!lol But really cool!

Bach219

5. NickD

NickD Forte User

Bach219!

I have been called, "crazy," "freak," "nut," and worse! That's cool! Last night I found out that one of my buddies did call me a bit of a freak in a conversation. Knowing this guy, and considering how long we've been friends, I know he meant that in the best of ways. (????)

There's an old teacher joke that goes around. "Hey some kid wrote on the wall that Mr. D was a "son-of-a-####. That's great! He showed respect! He called me 'Mr.!'"

This nutty stuff works for me, but I don't obsess over it. If I find that part of my routine has to fall by the wayside on one day or another due to busy schedules, I don't sweat it. I'm not going to forget how to play in a day.
    ;-)

Peace!

Nick

6. MaynardTrumpet

MaynardTrumpet Pianissimo User

May 25, 2008
    Man Nick I love you :p!

7. mdsawyermd

mdsawyermd New Friend

Jul 12, 2008
    Rochester, MN
    Nick, the online resources that you've provided are fantastic. What an incredibly generous thing to do!

I'm just starting up again after a couple decades of minimal to no playing, and am voraciously learning all I can from as many sources as I can. Your site is a goldmine.

8. edcon1981

edcon1981 Mezzo Forte User

Jun 25, 2008
    Central Jersey
    Same here. i need a good exercise regimen to get back into the swing of playing. when i get a free minute i'll check your stuff out.