My Recording of the Haydn!!

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Meldog, Oct 30, 2005.

1. Meldog

Meldog Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2004
    Blaine, ME
  2. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Adam,

That was a very nice of you to share your recent accomplishments playing that piece. Thanks for doing so. It's tough when the orchestra is distracting with false entrances and such but you kept on task when many others would have been fazed by that sort of thing.

One general comment I have about the performance is something Mr. Vacchiano used to talk about a lot with us. That was to shade away from the weaker beats in the measure, in other words, anything that isn't beat 1 at that tempo. When you listen to it again you may notice that several times, the second and also third beats in your interpretation got the accent where it really only needed it on the first beat. After establishing the melodic aspect of the phrase then you can back off the rest of the measure. What it does is it gives it a bit more lilt and shape that will increase your arsenal of expression.

Again, congratulations on getting to play that with an orchestra, a very rare treat for most people.

ML

3. B15M

B15M Forte User

Dec 30, 2003
    Monroe Ct.
    I enjoyed listening very much.

I think that I have played with that orchestra.

4. Meldog

Meldog Pianissimo User

Nov 24, 2004
    Blaine, ME
    Mr. Laureano,

Thank you very much for listening to it. The Avon Symphony is an extremely small community orchestra. We have only a couple strings and most of them have been playing for one a couple of years. The wind section is a little more solid but still has some issues. We had the help of 7 Eastman string players and one of their oboe players which helped out a lot. Just to give a little background on the group.

I will have to listen to the recording again to be sure about what you mentioned with the weaker beats. If it's what I'm thinking about the teacher I study with was having me go for a timpani effect at the end of some of the phrases to bring out the improtant chordal stuff. I think I over did it a little bit though and that's probably what's being heard..lol.

Thanks again!! I had a great time and what an experience. This was the first time I've ever been able to do this and will hopefully have some more oppotunities.

B15M,

Thanks, Avon is about 30min south of Rochester. If that's where you played that owuld be the one. They've only been around for about 6 years.

Adam W. Metzler

5. maccluer

maccluer New Friend

Sep 30, 2004
    St Louis
  6. bigpatg

bigpatg New Friend

Mar 12, 2006
    Well Meldog that was impressive keep up the good work and keep posting as well. the easiest way to measure progress is to record your sound as much as you are able to