My second article is up at the UK Brass forum

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by NickD, Sep 11, 2005.

1. NickD

NickD Forte User

Hi, folks!

My second article, "Life in the Trenches," is up at the UK brass forum. I really appreciate all those who read my memoirs of being on the road with Mayanrd. This secnd one is even more important to me. Please feel free to drop by.

http://www.brass-forum.co.uk/Articles/Articles.htm

I hope you enjoy it and that it helps folks.

Peace.

2. frank

frank Piano User

May 28, 2004
    Berlin, Germany
    Hello Nick,

I read it, it's very interesting! Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. And all the best for your future!

Frank

3. music matters

music matters Pianissimo User

Apr 26, 2004
    ON Canada
    Hi Nick,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiences so honestly. I found them to be very interesting. Good luck.

Best regards,

Graham.

4. NickD

NickD Forte User

Thanks folks!

Hi all. Thanks for the kid words both on and off the forum about my article.

If you like the read, could you put in a word with Adrian of the UK brass forum with me? I'd appreciate it. Let him know you're reading.

[email protected] <[email protected]>

Thanks.

Nick

5. fisherman

fisherman New Friend

Jan 9, 2004
    Hi Nick,

Another great article; I'm sure that all those who hope to make a living"playing", can benefit from your experience. It seems that too few people who have been there, done that, take the time to objectively describe what the profession is all about away from the classical venue.

It would be great if you could put this sort of material together in a book format that would be available to high school kids who are considering making this their chosen method of earning a living. An honest look at the reality of freelancing such as this from a working pro, could probably save a lot of disappointment for a lot aspiring kids.

Keep up the good work and much luck to you

6. NickD

NickD Forte User

A book?????

It has occurred to me to write a book. I don't know who would read it other than a fairly erudite crowd (such as on this forum!). Belive me, what I have been through as a jobber could fill VOLUMES! However, ANY free-lance pro with some "mileage" on 'em could share a boat-load of stories as well.

Thanks for the thought. If it seems like there might be a demand and if I thought I could actually get published, I'd do it.

Peace, man!

Nick