My section hates me?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BowmaninBb, Apr 9, 2014.

1. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    oh -- sorry, I thought community band was about coming together to make all the right notes sound good, and to play the music as written -- and blend with everyone else ----- actually, I just wrote a composition that we are going to play in the summer series of concerts (uhm, there is no need for anyone to ask if they can go 8Va on THEIR part (they can't) --- precisely why I wrote the parts for each instrumentation as they are -----------------THIS IS THE WAY THE MUSIC IS SUPPOSED to sound ----------------------- by the way, good composing doesn't have the 3rd trumpets mimicking anyone (except maybe the "French" horns -- of course they need help anyhow) ------------------------------------------------------------------ All that to say -- we have young kids on here --- that we are trying to shape into TEAM players in a band, and are there to play as one ----- I don't view community band as a competition --- however, TOBYLOU8, if we should ever meet --- BRING WHAT YOU GOT --- a decent B above your A is not out of the question on certain days with me ----- other days, I am only at the stupid High F for range and playability ((and by the way, I can hit the stupid High F, anyday, anytime, even if I am tired after a 2 hour practice ---- ANYDAY, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME!!!!! so take that!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    TOBYLOU8's inbox is full -- I was going to challenge his High A theory --- but then again ---- I try not to brag!!! -- I do play the trombone also though!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

I sent something to the OP --- I hope he laughs at you TOBYLOU8!!!!! ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. BigDub

BigDub Fortissimo User

Dec 19, 2009
    Hillsborough, NJ
    The best thing to do is warm up as poorly as possible. This lowers the bar, scares people, if you will. Expectations are so low they are thrilled with anything that doesn't ruin the whole practice. Lower the bar, don't raise it. And that is what I can add. Just messing with you.

4. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    Lower the bar. That's what you want them to do after your fifth Guinness.

5. tobylou8

tobylou8 Utimate User

Dec 22, 2008
    Virginia
    ...and entertaining the community.
    We all know thats what has to be said in the "mission statement". We trumpet players know the truth, it's all about the trumpets! Yes, we do let some of the "little" folks shine occasionally and I do enjoy good lower brass, but it's all about the trumpets! What's the largest section of most CB's? That's right, the trumpet section! Viva la Micheal Stewart!!!!!!!!! ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL©

6. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Hi kehaulani,
    You stated:
    "Lower the bar. That's what you want them to do after your fifth Guinness."
    ---
    Lower the bar!?! Guinness is awfully good stuff but I'd need a gurney with straps after the fifth application.
    Dr.Mark

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    BowmaninBb, please keep us posted on how things work out for you!

8. anthony

anthony Mezzo Piano User

Mar 3, 2009
    Become an extrovert I found most people don't like quite people.
    ...so become extroverted. ...Then maybe they will like you even less but who cares....my neighbors & tenants hate me when I play trumpet. .........I I don't know why they must be music critics

9. A.N.A. Mendez

A.N.A. Mendez Utimate User

Oct 25, 2005
    Sunny Ca.
    May I offer a million $$ booklet?

Les Giblen's "Skill with people"....

Short, concise, easy to keep at hand. You can find used ones on ebay for little $$.......

10. gmonady

gmonady Utimate User

Jan 28, 2011
    Dayton, Ohio
    After which, you plan on raising the bar?