My section hates me?

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by BowmaninBb, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Dr.Mark

Dr.Mark Mezzo Forte User

Apr 5, 2011
    Well damned Flugelgirl.
    You're a girl and a pretty one at that.
    Here's the problem. You don't look anything like the basic trumpet player. We need to change up your diet so in a year or so we'll have you looking the part.
    But seriously, I have a daughter that plays trumpet (10yrs.old) and I'm her teacher. I take the time to tell her she's great when she plays great and tell her when it sucks when it sucks. I also take the time to tell her she's pretty. She tells me she's going to beat me at trumpet some day. Of course I raise my eyebrows and tell her, "I don't think so". Trumpet is an equal opportunity instrument and anyone who doesn't think so needs to get their stone aged head out of their ass and get with reality. I also advocate that girls learn martial arts for those occasions when boys decide to get stupid.
    Dr.Mark

2. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    girls only need to learn a few KICKS in strategic places - that usually results in a stalled advance ---- SO I HEAR, I actually have no personal experience in this, as generally I have had to "fight the young women off from me" --- or just succumb to the pressure of their advances --- but then again, ole KT here is one handsome fella -- ROFL ROFL ROFL

3. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Such is a problem I haven't yet solved, personally, musically, or any other way. I'm a Gemini if that matters. The crux of the issue as I perceive it relating to playing my brass instruments is that I consistently play songs composed by others, only interpreting how they wanted them played, the sound I produce is not mine ... it is theirs. Albeit I do enjoy the element of playing, I am not grabbed by enthusiasm or dedication to do so. It has just become a pleasurable past time that fills the void when now so many other pleasurable past times are no longer possible.

I hope all enjoys Easter, I'm going to bed now as I'll perform a solo at outdoor Sunrise services as may still be wet from night time light rain and the sun may not be visible in continued cloudness.

4. Branson

Branson Piano User

Jan 16, 2011
    Offer to let them play the first part. That has a way of shutting people up.

5. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Early in my marriage (this one) I taught my wife some martial arts. Lets just say she has put me down twice and leave it at that, however one winter when our daughter was still pre-school and she wanted to say something to a neighbor who was on her way to work, she ran outside barefoot with our daughter also barefoot right behind her. What happened was the door snap locked behind her and the rental office was too blocks away and would be about an hour and a half before it opened. My wife just stepped back and kicked at the door and no the door didn't break, but the door opened because she had knocked the lock out of the door frame. All the neighbors heard about this and the word travelled fast throughout our community and even to my wife's employer then. Certainly, she could now do me great harm if not kill me with a single blow in the right place, and she knows very well where that place is, having changed the surgical dressings on it many times. As for others, she has a concealed carry permit and also knows how to shoot her small frame Walther PPK.

6. kingtrumpet

kingtrumpet Utimate User

Sep 20, 2009
    New York State USA
    Must be Great having a wife that can defend herself and could defend you if need be ---

7. Vulgano Brother

Vulgano Brother Moderator Staff Member

Mar 23, 2006
    Parts Unknown
    With a bunch of folk jealous of and mobbing the first player, the proper thing to do is to get straight A's and date a Senior, too.

8. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Such is not why I married her or why we've stayed married for 47 years this August. Her firearm only holds 7 9mm rounds, the Browning I also often carry holds 16, however my alternative is an S&W Chief model 36 with only 5 .38 special rounds. Like the Man once told me, it only takes 2 rounds to assure your aggressor or animal is dead. Honestly, now I'm not certain I could physically deploy most of the martial arts skills I know as I haven't practiced them in a long long time. Yep, to maintain skills, one must practice. Applies to musical instruments as well.

9. Ed Lee

Ed Lee Utimate User

Aug 16, 2009
    Jackson NC
    Did you mean "pressure" or pleasure?

10. kehaulani

kehaulani Fortissimo User

May 14, 2011
    Hawaian homey
    What is this thread about? :huh: