My Trumpet Video L'Arc En Ciel De Miles - Incognito

Discussion in 'Trumpet Discussion' started by Rubes, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Rubes

Rubes New Friend

Oct 3, 2008
    Hi there,
    This is my first post so I am very unfamilar with the community however I wanted to share my video. This is from my school HSC showcase night, and I'm playing one of my four songs. It's titled L'Arc En Ciel De Miles and its from the album 'Blue Moods' among other albums from the band Incognito. Please comment and give feedback on this thread and the video itself. I am pretty happy with the end result besides from the missed Bb at the end but oh well.
    Thankyou

YouTube - L'Arc En Ciel De Miles

MJ likes this.
  2. Sofus

Sofus Forte User

Jul 26, 2008
    This was REALLY NICE, Rubes!!

Playing was really good, music was really good and I felt really good listening to it!

Thank you so much for sharing, and just keep going!

3. Rubes

Rubes New Friend

Oct 3, 2008
    Hey thanks so much Sofus. Yeah I am quite pleased with how it came out. Thanks for taking the time to watch it!

4. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Rubes - HSC - (Higher SChool Certificate?) - sounds like another Aussie. Well played Rubes.

5. Rubes

Rubes New Friend

Oct 3, 2008
    Ya, I live on the northern beaches in sydney. Did my HSC music this year and I'm starting my exams in 2 weeks

6. tedh1951

tedh1951 Utimate User

Oct 18, 2007
    The Wide Brown Land
    Well done Rubes - good luck.

For all you non Aussies, Rubes is in the middle of a very stressful time - in the next month or so he has his final exams to complete 12 years of schooling. Now his choice is university, trade based technical college, or the greater workforce - unless of course he is independently wealthy, in which case he can just kick back and play trumpet.

7. Rubes

Rubes New Friend

Oct 3, 2008
    Sigh if only. Yeah i think i want to go to Uni and just like increase my skills, I don't think I'm good enough to make a career out of playing trumpet but i definitely want to keep trumpet as part of my life. I would like to improve on improvisation and the like because i absolutely suck at that. My school band is also playing at the Manly Jazz Festival, i will probably post that on youtube and thus post that link on here!:)
    Thanks Ted

8. Trumpet Dad

Trumpet Dad Pianissimo User

Jun 20, 2008
    New Jersey, USA
    Great sound!:thumbsup:

9. MJ

MJ Administrator Staff Member

Jan 30, 2006
    Naptown
    Thanks for posting! Nice work!

10. JRFIII

JRFIII Pianissimo User

Feb 20, 2008
    New Jersey
    Good job and pretty nice stage presence as well! Good luck with what comes next.