MYS concert on sunday

Discussion in 'Orchestra / Solo / Chamber Music' started by Lazorphaze, Nov 21, 2005.

1. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    Manny,
    Symphony rocked! that incredible how good they were! and even Repertory was awesome. I didn't see the 2 lower groups, however.
    anyway, great job on Sunday. can't wait til the next one.

2. Danny W

Danny W New Friend

Aug 26, 2005
    Twin Cities, MN
    There's another thread of Sunday's concert as well (which really says a lot)
    Philharmonic rocked, too!

3. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Guys,

Thanks so much for being there... next show, please come to the lobby where the conducting staff meet and greet the concertgoers afterwards and introduce yourselves. (Danny W, are you in the program?)

Again, thanks... it means a lot that you came and checked it out.

ML

4. Lazorphaze

Lazorphaze Piano User

Feb 3, 2004
    oh sorry about that Manny....I had an MYJB concert to get to in Uptown. Next time though. unless there's an MYJB concert that day as well.

5. Danny W

Danny W New Friend

Aug 26, 2005
    Twin Cities, MN
    Yes I am, Manny.

6. Danny W

Danny W New Friend

Aug 26, 2005
    Twin Cities, MN
    That was great waving Sunday, Manny. Bravo! The group sounded just increadible; what an ending. Look forward to next season.

7. Manny Laureano

Manny Laureano Utimate User

Sep 29, 2004
    USA
    Danny,

Thank you... yeah, I was just listening to the CD of "Pictures" from the performance. They were amazing, all the groups were. I can tell you, they're as good as any group i played with in NYC when I was in High School. And just so you know, several of the kids with whom I played back then are in major symphonies now. Point being, it was a pretty good group back then.

The future of music in good hands if today's kids continue to be involved. They really knocked me out yesterday. I'm really proud of them, all of them, in all the orchestras.

ML

8. DonJuanTrompeta

DonJuanTrompeta New Friend

Apr 12, 2005
    Hi Manny,

My son and I were in the cities this past weekend staying at my mothers. You did a terrific job on the Mahler 5 trumpet solos. My son was absolutely going nuts. We wanted to meet you, but unfortunately my son chickened out the last minute. We also had the opportunity to watch the concert with you conducting your youth symphony. It was absolutely spectacular and to see such great musicianship with your students. To see such hard work it wonderful. All four orchestras played with supreme musicianship. I thought it was touching how the seniors in the program got together to raise money for scholarship. Was that your idea? I commend you with all your efforts to make music come alive. The entire audience loved it (from what I could gather). Anyways, it has been wonderful to watch you perform (play and conduct). And that you continue with your successes.

Sincerely,
    Paul

9. student trumpet

student trumpet Pianissimo User

Dec 7, 2004
    Minnesota
    Thank Lazor

The concert was way fun. It is so sad when MYS is done :-(. Luckly we get to play a memorial day concert.

The Mahler concert with the MO was also awsome

We Love Brass!!

Tim

10. DonJuanTrompeta

DonJuanTrompeta New Friend

Apr 12, 2005
    A little off topic, even though it does pertain to this subject (kind of).

Again, your kids are amazing. It is good to see so many kids that are very talented perform repertoire I didn't touch until I went to college.
    At our school district, we are trying to start an orchestral program and would like your input on that. We're going to try to start if off at the elementry schools where there is the suzuki program that we are trying to start.
    Our district has also had problems with funding. And I noticed that you had a scholarship fund presented at the concert. Did you start that? I'm just curious. I'm trying to find ways to raise money for this project to make sure it is successful. I would like to reiterate how lucky you are to work with a bunch of kids who care and love the music. It was very apparent as an audience member.

Thanks
    Paul